·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tesla Truck, here it is. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Gee, I wonder what her Auto insurance company will think about that? I have to her give her credit for having serious guts to do that to a new vehicle.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pretty gutsy move, but if you read the articles about this she was smart enough to get some help from some top people in that business.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Shop rate $80/hr, $100/hr if you help.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Nicely done. So now Elon Musk knows how to do this. There's a market for the small pickups that used to run around the US. Tesla could quickly tool up for this type of truck and sell them.

·
Registered
623 Posts
She should have called it Teslamino.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
GM can do the same. They can make Bolt based pickups, and even make a hybrid Malibu as the new millennium "El Camino". Even the Colorado can become a new Avalanche with a hybrid power train.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
GM can do the same. They can make Bolt based pickups, and even make a hybrid Malibu as the new millennium "El Camino". Even the Colorado can become a new Avalanche with a hybrid power train.
Nice to see you back here, Raymond!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
They could, but they haven't and it makes you wonder why... I'm already two vehicle cycles past when I wanted to get back into an EV and looks like I will have to go through another one before I can get one.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Best mod ever! I would have looked for a damaged, rear-ended, model to mod, but what a great job. Even a power outlet in the back.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Btw, she’s not the only one doing it. There are a couple guys on YT that are doing the same thing with an older model S.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,035 Posts
wonder what a volt would look like, changed to a truck, with the gas engine you would have something, from a business point of view-not having to stop to charge, so no down time and fuel cost would be low. would be a good service vehicle . also come across as an enviro friendly company

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think I'd wait for the Rivian to come along.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
wonder what a volt would look like, changed to a truck, with the gas engine you would have something, from a business point of view-not having to stop to charge, so no down time and fuel cost would be low. would be a good service vehicle . also come across as an enviro friendly company
Ask VIA motors how that's working out... I was hoping to be in one by now. BTW, I agree with you - just no one seems to be able to produce one! I struggle right now with not wanting another truck because of the abysmal fuel economy I get vs. I just bought a house and I am using the 8' bed of my truck on a daily basis.

My fabricating and modding vehicles days are over, so I will wait for Tesla, Rivian, Ford, GM, Ram or some other company to come out with a "turnkey one" first. Looks like I will be stuck with a gas/diesel guzzler when I replace my current truck later this year.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,035 Posts
yea, I miss my truck, not the fuel costs. been modding vehicles all my life, this would not be hard for me to do. wonder what a mazda box spliced to the volt would work like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts