GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I got a used 2017 Volt a couple of weeks ago and I am experiencing issues with Android Auto. Some of the time, the phone connects fine and all is well, but other times nothing happens. I have tried two different phones and three different USB cables and the issues are the same. I have tried to reboot the phones and turn on and off the car, to plug the phone in when the car is on and when it is off, and still the problems persist. As I mentioned, sometimes it just connects fine, other times it takes many tries, and other times yet we can't manage to connect.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Hi everyone,

I got a used 2015 Volt a couple of weeks ago and I am experiencing issues with Android Auto. Some of the time, the phone connects fine and all is well, but other times nothing happens. I have tried two different phones and three different USB cables and the issues are the same. I have tried to reboot the phones and turn on and off the car, to plug the phone in when the car is on and when it is off, and still the problems persist. As I mentioned, sometimes it just connects fine, other times it takes many tries, and other times yet we can't manage to connect.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?
2015 doesn't come with Android Auto to the best of my knowledge. That was a Gen 2 thing. What, exactly, are you connecting when it works?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2015 doesn't come with Android Auto to the best of my knowledge. That was a Gen 2 thing. What, exactly, are you connecting when it works?
I'm sorry, I meant 2017. It's 2nd generation. I amended the original post. I have tried to connect two Motorola phones, they work fine on other cars.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Check the cables. My 2017 Volt is very twitchy about the cable being used.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Reactions: drghirlanda

·
Registered
875 Posts
In my experience, Android Auto glitches are almost always the fault of the cable. Even brand new cables can be twitchy. Try a few different brands. Even ones that are stable for many months eventually start to work inconsistently.

Another possibility is that you have dirt in your USB connector on your phone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Had similar problem with my 2017 Volt, ordered this cable: Inateck USB C Cable, USB A to USB C 3.1 Gen2 Cable,100cm/3.Ft,CA1001, works great now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts