GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the posts about this topic, but it's not clear to me what generally solves this problem.

I had the problem diagnosed at a nearby Chevy dealer, and they informed me that the car needed part number 24279726 (drive motor power inverter module) replaced for a whopping $3900.

Looking the part up online, it's referenced as the "Control Module - GM (24279726)".

I don't recall seeing this in other threads about these Trouble Codes. Does anyone have any suggestions for me beyond what the dealer says ?

Don

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those exact codes appeared on my 2014 a year ago. Warranty invoice states "Replace Battery Contact Assembly" with p/n 24297383 Relay. This is the BECM high voltage controller at the front of the pack. I was also getting "Battery Too Cold -Plug In To Warm" messages, so section #3 replaced. (faulty temp sensors). Thankfully had great local Volt Techs. Would consider another gm EV knowing the skill of these technicians.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read all the posts about this topic, but it's not clear to me what generally solves this problem.

I had the problem diagnosed at a nearby Chevy dealer, and they informed me that the car needed part number 24279726 (drive motor power inverter module) replaced for a whopping $3900.

Looking the part up online, it's referenced as the "Control Module - GM (24279726)".

I don't recall seeing this in other threads about these Trouble Codes. Does anyone have any suggestions for me beyond what the dealer says ?

Don
Here's an interesting reply to a posting by a volt technician on Facebook from Jan 11, 2021 regarding a case of trouble codes P0AC4, P1AF0, P1AF2, and P1E22 all showing up at once.
His point about the unlikeliness of all codes showing up at once certainly makes the power inverter module suspect.

Chevy Volt Owners
Hi friendly neighborhood volt tech here! All three of these codes are for loss of isolation. One is for motor A, one is for motor B, and one is for the aux transmission fluid pump. All the modules that diagnose these are located inside the power inverter module. I have never seen all these set at the same time like this before. Since it's virtually impossible for all three of those components to have lost isolation at the same time without a lightning strike, I would guess this is being caused by either a loose connection/connector somewhere or some kind of issue inside the power inverter module. Unfortunately I'd have to inspect it and do some circuit tests to be able to tell you what's wrong. I can say though that as long as it starts, it shouldn't hurt anything to drive it but it's possible these could lock the contactors open and prevent starting, so once you leave for the dealer I wouldn't shut it off until you get there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts