GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, not affiliated and wish I had received this deal!

Their email:

We just got $12,000 off incentives on the purchase of a new Cadillac ELR. Plus you get a $7500 tax credit! If you have not seen or driven this amazing vehicle, you need to come in and test drive one. This is the New electric vehicle from Cadillac, and it not only will save you a bundle at the gas pump, but it looks and drives amazing, Stop in today for a test drive.

4780 14th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34207
(941) 751-6886
www.tropicalcadillac.com

If it works for anyone, please reply in this thread. Happy Hunting!

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
So what did you pay before tax credit?

·
Registered
569 Posts
They will inevitably have to give big, bigger incentives if they want to sell them all. I'm afraid model year ELR 2015 might never see the light of day.
At the rate they are selling, there will be well over 1000 cars left in december. Ouf!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I used to be gaga about the ELR. Now I don't feel very interested. Maybe it's all the negative talk. Could the ELR be a repeat of the Cimarron, which was a tarted up Nova and now is universally despised? Did Cadillac pull a huge blunder introducing the ELR at such an outrageous price and now won't be able to sell it even with huge discounts? How can Cadillac expect to sell a smaller coupe than the CTS at twice the price? Is the ELR's brand permanently tarnished? I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I used to be gaga about the ELR. Now I don't feel very interested. Maybe it's all the negative talk. Could the ELR be a repeat of the Cimarron, which was a tarted up Nova and now is universally despised? Did Cadillac pull a huge blunder introducing the ELR at such an outrageous price and now won't be able to sell it even with huge discounts? How can Cadillac expect to sell a smaller coupe than the CTS at twice the price? Is the ELR's brand permanently tarnished? I guess we'll see.
Oh, it'll sell...
When GM finally realizes that just because you slap a Cadillac logo on a Volt, you can't sell it for 2x the price.
They'll have to hold a firesale with this fiasco of pricing. I'm curious who decided on the price point for the ELR.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I'm curious who decided on the price point for the ELR.
...and did the door hit him on his way out...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I love the looks of the car but ya that price is nuts. Going to be very interesting to see how low they go in price especially after the 2nd gen volt comes out. My wife wont give up her cts until an electrica caddy comes out. We were excited when the elr came out, at 50k its a home run. Not 70-80k.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The 12K incentive is a real thing, I was also offered $12K off + $7500 fed tax credit @ Austin, TX dealer. Plus USAA insurance credit, military discount...
Also was mentioned the word "we are flexible on the pricing".
But I really need a hatchback with fold down seats, hauling 2 dogs or 2 bicycles.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
My local Caddy dealer is offering at least $13.6k off MSRP on the 3 ELRs they have in stock, not including the fed tax credit. And I'm assuming that discount can be combined with other private offers (USAA/student/farm bureau, etc..).

So in MD, a $77.7k ELR is already down to $64k without any haggling. If you subtract the $7.5k fed credit and $2k state tax credit, you're down to $54.5k bottom line....

How low can the ELR go? This is sorta like watching a guy jump off a building, just without all the blood and guts. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was curious so I drove to my local Caddy dealer in Pompano Beach, FL. They offered me a $550/month lease for 39 months with $2k down. I declined because my 2013 Volt is hopelessly upside down given the price cut on the 2014's, etc, but I'm still interested if the price gets as attractive as the car itself. I then went home to browse the dealership further and they have 8 on the lot, all listed at nearly $20k off sticker (including the $7500 tax incentive) so they're all listed in the low $60's. Must better, but still too rich for my blood. BTW, my salesdude was really nice but admitted that not only do they know less about the vehicle than any prospective customers that come in to look at them, but they have sold only 1 ELR so far... At that rate (and the still too-high price), those 8 will be on the lot for quite a while.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Big Discounts but Bad Financing

I was offered nearly $22k off on a base model demo in Houston yesterday. Two other dealerships I contacted in the area also offered similar discounts with a simple e-mail. However, the lease rates remain abysmal. Here's the breakdown of one offer:

MSRP $75,995
  • Discount $21,851
  • Adjusted Price $54,144
  • Taxable Fees $595
  • Taxable Doc Fee $125
  • Tax $3,429
  • Non-Taxable Fee $125
Total Price $58,528

$861/mo for 39 months for 10,000 miles
  • $0 due at signing
  • 46% residual and .00116 money factor (about 2%)
  • Assumes Tier 1+ credit
Essentially, we're still talking more than double a Volt payment even though the MSRP is now $22k cheaper. I think that with the $20k adjustment, the MSRP is what the ELR should have originally stickered for. Now GM just needs the "normal" level of discounts and financing incentives off of this new asking price to get to an attractive offer.

Admittedly, "attractive offer" is a moving number for me personally. And at this point, the game remains waiting for the right time to buy...how low will it go? My local dealership is sitting on 14 samples, about 8 of which I would consider (non-base model). I'm not feeling hurried.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That doesn't add up if they are using the same numbers as above. With those numbers, the lease payment should be around $550 per month.
Adds up pretty perfectly in my spreadsheet. The money factor computers to 2.8% versus the 2% I said above. Also, Texas charges 6.3% sales tax on the entire value of the purchase. Therefore, in this case, I'm paying tax on about $63k versus just the sum of the monthly payments.

At 2.8%, the rent charge is $4500 for the lease term. Even if the rate fell to 0%, you're still looking at about $745 a month.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hang on guys, the fire sale is coming in December.

Ian B

·
877 Posts
Maybe if they ent Coe out with a 2015 they will hold these on the lot longer? The dealers have got to be frustrated with the nventory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts