GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I power on my 2011 Volt, the Trip A odometer shows dashes in the miles and gallons used section. It is odd, but if I turn the "select" knob to the right past the Trip B odometer and to the oil life monitor then turn it back to Trip A, the information is back up and running. It just started doing this about 3 days ago.
Any ideas???????

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Wish I had an explanation. What happens when you reset it? If its pretty high up in miles,gallons, etc it may be having a memory issue.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to avoid resetting it, as it is current from when i purchased it used. It's around 35,000 with just 60 gallons used. That shouldn't cause the problem i am seeing.
I am wondering if it is that select knob going bad? If I turn it to the Oil Life screen and back it works. I know it is odd

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found the answer to my problem. A few months ago I went to the dealer closest to me, they had no idea but for $169 they would do 1 hour of diagnostics. I left.
Today I went to another dealer that actually did a couple recall items for me. The service advisor sat me down in his office while he researched. The answer is in PIC5999: Diagnostic Tip- Trip odometer display reads all dashes on start up. Some customers may state that after shutting off the car for more than 1 hour, the Trip A odometer will read all dashes on start up.
Pretty much to a T what I am expreiencing, altough mine does it even if the car is only off 5 minutes.
It appears it is a "software anomoly" with NO FIX AVAILABLE. Work around is to turn the "select" knob one full turn clockwise.
So, it's not a huge deal, just an annoyance. I find if I just turn the select knob to the oil life screen then back to trip A, all is well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts