GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else dealt with a transmission leak? I brought my 2016 in and the mechanic says my inlet and outlet pipes to the transmission are leaking. It could be up to a month before receiving parts???

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm going to assume that your mechanic is not connected to a Chevrolet dealership. I'm also going to assume that the inlet and outlet pipes would be for cooling the transmission through the radiator. These are not likely hard connections and could be easily replaced or tightened. Are you seeing puddles of fluid or are the connections simply moist because of a little weeping? I can't remember another case of a leak here, so you may be the first. Did you see the leaks or are you just listening to the mechanic?
Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Whats noticeable on the Gen2 drive unit is the coolant hoses. These are like heater hoses going in and out of the drive unit and connecting to the reservoir next to the battery coolant. So is it a transmission fluid leak or a coolant leak?
Either way it should be a warranty repair.
Let us know the part numbers replaced.
Did they say you could not drive it while waiting for parts?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 2016 Volt Gen II and are experiencing the same issue with 45600 miles. The Stealership told me that it is not covered under GM warranty. The transmission Fluid inlet/outlet pipes are leaking and will take about a few days to get. It's going to cost me $385+ with labor to replace it. I've told the Stealership that I will file a formal complaint for a car under 3 years with this issue. They told me that they have contacted GM and have them covered up to $220 from the bill. The final bill I had to pay is $167.10 Needless to say, I'm not happy with the quality/craftsmanship of the vehicle. ianjay, did you have to pay for the service done?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts