GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2.5 year old 2017 Volt for a new 2018. The idea started out as a joke by my wife but, after checking prices and running the numbers, I noticed that it would only cost me about $2000 after incentives and tax credits to get a new car with the exact same options. The car that I ended up buying also had the Drive Confidence Package, which I really like. In the end, the difference between my trade-in and new car was $10,500, or $3000 after the EV Tax Credit. That includes a $2000 regional incentive. Note: I live in New Hampshire, so sales tax didn't figure in.

We initially looked at Bolts, but finding one with the DC fast charge is difficult and getting a good deal on one is even harder. Bolts without it seem to come cheap, but that wasn't an option for me.

The upgraded Infotainment system has been nice (woo, Pandora!). However, it seems like many parts in the interior were made more cheaply. Still, I think it was a good thing to do. Now I just need to get used to black. The black interior helps with the glare on the front window, but I kinda liked the exterior grey.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Whoa -- good deal. When the 19s come out, I'll be running these numbers to for my '17 -- would love a power drivers seat!

Unfortunately, my state doesn't have any other incentives on top of the fed tax credit, so I'm not hopeful it will be as small as a hit as it was for you.

If such great deals are available in NH, I might take a ride up. Your dealership gave you a good deal on your trade-in, which is half the battle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I actually got this at Amesbury Chevy in MA. Here are the numbers, in case anyone is interested:

Price (2018 Volt w/ Leather, Comfort, and Driver Confidence): 32745
Chevy Market Rebate: 2000
"Flex Cash" rebate (must be dealership fudge factor): 1400
Trade-in (2017 Volt w/ 18500 miles+Leather and Comfort): 19500
Fees (doc+title+bank): 594

Total cost after EV Tax Credit of 7500: 2939 (not including addl. cost due to increase in interest rate: 1.8% to 3.8% - ick)

Edmunds said 31300 for the new car (after 2000 rebate) and 21500 for the trade-in, so this ended up being pretty close.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks for sharing the numbers. Was the 2018 an LT? Looks like it.

And you were trading in another LT?

·
Registered
10 Posts
don't understand why some dealers are still charging 500 plus for tag and fees. Most are moving away from charging any fees. Mine charged me 79.99.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about waiting to see the November incentives, figuring they would increase to clear out the 2018 Volts before the 2019s came out. I'm glad I didn't wait, because the $2000 regional incentive apparently went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts