GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all just picked up a 2017 Volt w/35K on it trading my ELR in. Reason was lack of support for ELR and not wanting the attention it got. Seemed like a carjacking or key job waiting to happen. The Volt although a little more pedestrian is mostly an improvement. Miss the power seats and dual zone climate. Enjoy the lane keep and updated Infotainment (CUE sux) as well as heated seats all around. Got a few more nicks and scratches ( I am particular) but that gives me something to do. I am pretty good with touch up. It is a Heather (You Drive Me Grazy) gray Premier.Took it to the dealer to get the RPO sheet and have some questions.My car is a fully loaded Premier.
1. Sometimes on settings Vehicle I will see buttons for pedestrian auto stop other times not anyone else see this? I know UGN ( Forward auto braking) replaced UGY (Forward low speed auto brake) Does that work for pedestrians?
2. More a FYI than question but Onstar calls it a recall but dealer says it is a Customer Satisfaction Campaign. Autochek and Carfax come up with no recalls for the propulsion loss update last year update (fuse and programming). Just so everyone knows this will expire in 2019 according to dealer. Good thing I will get to get a full system check for free.
3. Had the Infotainment go crazy after pairing my iPhone 8. Buttons unresponsive and flashing random screens. Got Carplay started after deleting and re pairing my phone. Has anyone had the screens go crazy?
4. I am not seeing texts in BT mode does it have to be in Carplay to see them?

Volt has a lot more aggressive auto brake than ELR did gonna take some time to get used to with foot hovering over brake pedal. Volt seems to keep a slightly tighter gap in ACC mode ( a good thing IMHO) I will be lurking and would like to hear of any issues 2017 owners have had Thanx

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Traded my ELR for a CT6 PHEV. Much larger car than a Volt/ELR, but, much smaller cargo space due to the battery taking up 1/3 of the trunk. Seats don't fold down like Volt or ELR. Still enough space for my needs though. Seating in CT6 is way better than either Volt or ELR. And the rear infotainment screens are the bomb!

I never had issues getting support for ELR. What couldn't they do for it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cue went crazy and steering went black buttons. Replaced the buttons incorrectly ( supposed to be done in pairs and right side was dimmer than left. They ordered a pair but the damage was done still the same at trad in. ELR pulled right from day 1 and they never got alignment perfect L/camber was high (they make a camber adjuster with more angle but did not do it.) 4 alignments just to get it to go straight on a totally flat road Still wants a ditch on most roads. I drove the CT6 and was looking at CT6 electric but crappy range and cost drove me off as well as what you mentioned about trunk. Not a bad car but HUGE the volt is more to my liking. ELR was a wee bit longer and I do miss the seats too

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Stones said it best: You can't always get what you want, but you get what you need.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts