GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,17 volt
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make no excuses for driving my volt hard ,ive done it to all my vehicles in the past and cant see me not doing it in the future. One day screwing around in town i pull up to a set of lights beside a trw, the person motions to me to roll down the window and once done proceeds to ask me if i was in a hurry to plug in my car. After a quick chuckle I said the torque was to addictive and no, i was not in a hurry, the light then changed and off i went spinning my tires again .don't think im going to get good mileage on them.
This time it was a huge difference from before in traction control management. The first time i spun the tires and it kicked in , it was like the motor got hit by a 2x4 and instantly removed the power to the wheels ,allowing the wheels to hook up instantly and jarring the car forcefully, with me instantly feeling sorry for the half shafts. this last time it was a lot smoother, more like modulating the power to regain traction
the difference from before to now seems to me, to big a leap for a computer to do on its own and was wondering if the engineers are still messing around with software real time

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
The TC and abuse control (tq mgmt) is a lot looser on the Gen 2 Volts, it's more like the Corvette and Cadillac systems, where it allows a modest amount of wheel spin.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The TC and abuse control (tq mgmt) is a lot looser on the Gen 2 Volts, it's more like the Corvette and Cadillac systems, where it allows a modest amount of wheel spin.
That might be. But don't confuse traction control with a lack of torque/power at low speeds (0-5mph). Gen 1 has an abundance of the latter, making spinning the tires basically impossible on dry, flat pavement even without traction control engaging (unless you're in a turn).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts