GM Volt Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 3047 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
ChrisC,
I want to thank you for your FAQ section. I have lurked on this site for about 3 years. Never thought I would get a Volt to about another year. (Live in Alabama). Went to Jim Ellis to look at theirs. Decided yes, but would wait. Found a dealer in TX that had a open slot. Took it. Sold my Prius today to people that know what a Volt is!!! I will have to drive my F-150 for about 6 weeks I guess.
Just knowing your Volt is less than 2 hours away makes me want to come see it.
BamaSteve

Hi guys ... Just checking in for the first time in like two weeks. I haven't been able to keep up here AT ALL so I appreciate any pointers (via PM) to specific posts or URLs that I should add to my FAQ here (linked below). I actually came in here to see what VIN you all are up to now, because I'm doing a radio interview this afternoon and wanted to point out the Volt is about to pass the Tesla Roadster in production volume -- and do so in about 3 months compared to the 3 years the Roadster has been in production. Sign of the times.

·
Registered
97 Posts
#1279 is home!

I took delivery of #1279 this morning....very pleased with the car!

IMG_0301.jpg

Complete history for reference:
12/03/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
12/03/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
01/03/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/04/2011 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
01/04/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/06/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/06/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together
01/31/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates. No further updates available at this time.)
02/01/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship
02/01/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
02/01/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/03/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/07/2011 - (4200) Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
02/07/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/07/2011 - (4200) Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
02/08/2011 - (4106) Bailment Released (vehicle has left plant property).
02/08/2011 - (4150) Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
02/07/2011 - (4300) Interm transfer; processing transfer to QC or vendor
02/12/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/12/2011 - (4800) Rail Ramp Unload [Newark, NJ]
02/17/2011 - (4200) Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
02/18/2011 - (5000) Delivered To Dealer
----------

The dealer, Arroway Chevrolet in Mt. Kisco, NY was very easy to deal with. The salesman was Ray Nosworthy. I recommend him based on
my experience so far. The car was sold at MSRP with no funny business or add-ons whatsoever.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi guys ... Just checking in for the first time in like two weeks. I haven't been able to keep up here AT ALL so I appreciate any pointers (via PM) to specific posts or URLs that I should add to my FAQ here (linked below). I actually came in here to see what VIN you all are up to now, because I'm doing a radio interview this afternoon and wanted to point out the Volt is about to pass the Tesla Roadster in production volume -- and do so in about 3 months compared to the 3 years the Roadster has been in production. Sign of the times.

If you haven't already, you should read the order tracking post in the FAQ, linked below. It specifically addresses timing issues like that. In my opinion, there's no way you're getting your Volt today. More like Monday or Tuesday maybe, and it could easily be later in the week. Here's what the FAQ says:

"After it arrives at the destination railyard, it takes at least a day or two (possibly 4-5) to get unloaded and trucked to your dealer, then your dealer needs a day for PDI."
Chris, 1692 or there abouts is where they are at as of today.....At least that is where our users are up to.
Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts

View attachment 1128

12/03/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
01/03/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/04/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/06/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together
01/31/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates. No further updates available at this time.)
02/01/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
02/01/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/03/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/07/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/12/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
02/17/2011 - (4200) Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
----------

The dealer, Arroway Chevrolet in Mt. Kisco, NY was very easy to deal with. The salesman was Ray Nosworthy. I recommend him based on
my experience so far. The car was sold at MSRP with no funny business or add-ons whatsoever.
Congrats on the new car. Have you already played with My Link? I have been using mine all week at my sons Hockey Tourney to warm up my car. And did you every think it would be as much of a fun time waiting for it? Larry

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

View attachment 1128

----------

Oh happy times for you. Good to see not much time between 4800 and 5000. I went to 4800 on Thursday and had a surprise call from my advisor about an hour ago. My car was unloaded from the train in Nile Junction, Union City and needs to be trucked to the Milpitas Distribution Center before it is brought over to Redwood City. Union City and Milpitas are both very close to me and my dealer in Redwood City.

·
Registered
442 Posts
1258 has finally shipped. It's about freakin' time. Now just to wait the two week to four weeks for delivery. I can't believe I am doing this for the second time. (We had a problem getting our first car due to lack of lease from our first dealership.) I hope this time, everything goes right and the wait is worth it. Much of the initial specialness has faided in some ways, but that will pick up when I finally get the car even if I am not one of the very first to get one. I have read much of what is in the media and understand much of the good and bad about our special car. I still think it is the right car for me for now. I am leasing so three years from now who knows what will be out there. We are still working with SPX to hopefully get one of the first chargers here. I am still crossing my fingers that I will be one of the first if not the first to get one in Tarrant County. We shall see. I rarely go to the gas station now. I can't wait to avoid them all together (with a few trip exceptions). I hope to be driving my new Volt (Albeit expensive) soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Have you already played with My Link? I have been using mine all week at my sons Hockey Tourney to warm up my car. And did you every think it would be as much of a fun time waiting for it? Larry
Yes, just got MyLink setup today - very cool. And thanks Larry, Chevyconnects made waiting for it fun. The most agonizing part was the last few days after it was unloaded from the railcar and waiting for the truck to the dealer. So near yet so far!

Oh happy times for you. Good to see not much time between 4800 and 5000. I went to 4800 on Thursday and had a surprise call from my advisor about an hour ago. My car was unloaded from the train in Nile Junction, Union City and needs to be trucked to the Milpitas Distribution Center before it is brought over to Redwood City. Union City and Milpitas are both very close to me and my dealer in Redwood City.
As I mentioned above, that was the longest few days of the whole process. :). Yours is just across the bay from you. Hope you get it soon!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, just got MyLink setup today - very cool. And thanks Larry, Chevyconnects made waiting for it fun. The most agonizing part was the last few days after it was unloaded from the railcar and waiting for the truck to the dealer. So near yet so far.

As I mentioned above, that was the longest few days of the whole process. :). Yours is just across the bay from you. Hope you get it soon!
Thanks, Maybe later this week.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got emails from both my VA and Dealer Sales Manager. They said the car is in Ohio and has an ETA to the Mira Loma CA rail yard of 2/23. Considering Cassens Dropped it off at the CSX NEW BOSTON RAILHEAD at 9:14 AM on 2/18, that is a very short rail transit time.
I called my VA Brittany and she said the early CA transit times were as short as 5 days, then it went up to 10-12 days, and now seems to be back to the shorter time. I guess it all depends on the freight patterns.

Best case VIN 1220 may be delivered this weekend, although probably not until next week...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Best case VIN 1220 may be delivered this weekend, although probably not until next week...
For reference, mine took seven days(2/4-2/11) to get from New Boston to Gibson, IN. Somewhere around then it transferred to UP and took six days(2/11-2/17) to get to Mira Loma, CA and is STILL there. There was some bad weather during that time, so yours may arrive faster.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The mid-west just got hit be a major snow/ice storm that may slow it down. I hope not.

Matt

·
Registered
221 Posts
For reference, mine took seven days(2/4-2/11) to get from New Boston to Gibson, IN. Somewhere around then it transferred to UP and took six days(2/11-2/17) to get to Mira Loma, CA and is STILL there. There was some bad weather during that time, so yours may arrive faster.
Yeah I know, wishful thinking...
I have a hard time believing it will make it from New Boston MI to Mira Loma CA in five days. At 40 MPH average, non-stop would be three days, so five would have to be a near direct train. I also remember the two weeks my 1999 sat in the BNSF San Bernardino yard so I don't have any delusions that it will be out of Mira Loma in a day or two.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I called my VA Brittany and she said the early CA transit times were as short as 5 days, then it went up to 10-12 days, and now seems to be back to the shorter time. I guess it all depends on the freight patterns.
Unless there's more than one, Brittany was my VA during delivery (since switched to Ian). You're in major good hands there, Brittany was really on top of things while she was helping with my delivery anxieties!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Unless there's more than one, Brittany was my VA during delivery (since switched to Ian). You're in major good hands there, Brittany was really on top of things while she was helping with my delivery anxieties!
Yes,
Brittany is very responsive and knows the systems well. She even told me she set herself a reminder to check the status on 2/23 to see if my order makes it to Mira Loma that day.
Kudos to my sales manager as well, who took the time to e-mail me the status yesterday. He mentioned that he knows I am tracking it and sometimes have the information before he does. Thanks Larry!

For a process detail, my tracking history showed 4150 "order is invoiced to the dealer" on 2/21. At the same time the VIN hyperlink to the window sticker went live.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer called last night and my car has moved from the railyard to the Distribution Center in Milpitas. That is only a short distance from here. I think my car may arrive today at the dealer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Woohoo... Invoiced to dealer! Hopefully will not take too long to get to Austin.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Volt went to 3400 on 1/20. TPW was 2/7. The website (chevyconnects) still shows 3400. I got impatient and called a Volt advisor today who told me my car is built and supplied a VIN. Any one known on why the chevyconnects would not be updating my order?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Any one known on why the chevyconnects would not be updating my order?
Do you know if your Volt order was entered as a stock order (as opposed to retail)? That is, did your dealer give you an allocation that they'd already submitted? If so, Chevyconnects doesn't check those anywhere near as often. But they maintain a list of cars that are stock order but are being tracked by people here at gm-volt.

Best way to find out is to send Larry a personal message @Chevyconnects with your order number, and ask.

Of course, sometimes there are just delays in updates being posted.

2441 - 2460 of 3047 Posts