GM Volt Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 3047 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me. I did post a couple of these on another thread earlier.
**Area 51 keeps being mentioned. What is Area 51 and where is it? I was thinking it was in AZ or somewhere.
**I noticed in my order information it says •E2C ORDER TO DELIVERY EXPEDITE TO CUSTOMER
what exactly does this mean?
**Also I am getting cloth seats but it says •AFA Jet Black Cloth Interior/Black Accents
I thought the white accents where the only color. Doesnt matter either will be fine, just get me my Volt.

Thanks everyone for your help.

02/12/2011 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
02/12/2011 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
02/12/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
02/15/2011 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
02/15/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hello everyone,

**Area 51 keeps being mentioned. What is Area 51 and where is it? I was thinking it was in AZ or somewhere.
Area 51 is an area at the Hamtramck Plant that the "Guy :D on the other side of the fence :) " told the forums about back in December, right after production started. Cars go there to wait. Waiting there helps the customer build character by waiting even longer without knowing what is going on. :)

Enjoy your Volt!

WVhybrid
status = 3400

·
Registered
895 Posts
BamaSteve,

Area 51 is a euphamism referring to cars that are produced but mysteriously staying at the factory for QC or whatever. It indicates the person thinks his car is lost. The "real" Area 51 is in Nevada near the Nevada Test Site, but I won't get into that.

I don't know what E2C means, but don't worry about the wrong definition of AFA. My order is for AFF, which is supposed to be neutral leather with dark accents, and the description on Chevrolet Connects says black leather.
Michael

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for your help! I don't know if I was ever this excited about anything even when I was a kid at Christmas!!!

Hello everyone,
I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me. I did post a couple of these on another thread earlier.
**I noticed in my order information it says •E2C ORDER TO DELIVERY EXPEDITE TO CUSTOMER
**Also I am getting cloth seats but it says •AFA Jet Black Cloth Interior/Black Accents
I thought the white accents where the only color. Doesnt matter either will be fine, just get me my Volt.

02/12/2011 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
02/12/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
02/15/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did not much sleep the week before my car cam in. Enjoy the excitement. Now I can't sleep becuase they are wrapping my car on Monday.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yay, my car is on the move! :D

No more Area 51 for me!

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
BamaSteve,

Area 51 is a euphamism referring to cars that are produced but mysteriously staying at the factory for QC or whatever. It indicates the person thinks his car is lost. The "real" Area 51 is in Nevada near the Nevada Test Site, but I won't get into that.

I don't know what E2C means, but don't worry about the wrong definition of AFA. My order is for AFF, which is supposed to be neutral leather with dark accents, and the description on Chevrolet Connects says black leather.
Michael
yes, the code just lists the wrong description. Its just what comes across the database and not to worry..Everyone has had that one come up but they all come in correct. Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hello everyone,

Area 51 is actually the name coined by Camaro owners when their cars were stuck in Quality Control during their rollout in May of 09. At the time there were some 3500 Cars that were shipped to Pontiac MI because they did not have all the parts to complete them at the factory. The name really stuck.. Now even many at GM refer to cars held during a new car release as being in Area 51. Believe it or not there is even an Area 51 allumni now and those that went thru it are still in many cases close friends now just by a shared event.

The Expedite Delivery code shows up on all sold retail orders and on the window sticker...Just distiguishes them from stock orders.

Congrats on your recent movement.. and welcome to the fun house. Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts
Right there with you.. ours was at 3800 on 1/27 and been sitting there along with another one going to the same dealership we are tracking. The other one is up to 4 listings of 4B00, but just hanging out at the factory. They may be making them faster, but they sure aren't be delivered or shipped faster.

Paul (Cari's husband)
Hey Paul...hows it going? Yeah it seems that now the second tier rollout is having its effects. But hopefully this baby will move quick once it starts for you...Larry

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Paul...hows it going? Yeah it seems that now the second tier rollout is having its effects. But hopefully this baby will move quick once it starts for you...Larry
Thanks, but certainly even recently some have listed their tracking when it comes to Austin as taking a month from built to dealer. If we had though it would be middle or end of March, we could have just going with a Dallas/Fort Worth dealership or bought one from the East coast and driven it home/had it shipped. Having to start over was heartbreaking, so the new one can't come soon enough.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Right there with you.. ours was at 3800 on 1/27 and been sitting there along with another one going to the same dealership we are tracking. The other one is up to 4 listings of 4B00, but just hanging out at the factory. They may be making them faster, but they sure aren't be delivered or shipped faster.

Paul (Cari's husband)
Hey Paul,
Mine still shows 4B00 with no invoice, but the Cassens information popped up this afternoon, so I think it is finally on its way to CSX.

Cassens Vehicle Tracking
VIN: 1220
Pro: xxxx
Ship Date: 2011-02-18
Ship Time: 5:14 am
Del Date: 0000-00-00
Del Time: am
Ship To: NZ
Dealer Name: CSX NEW BOSTON RAILHEAD
City: NEW BOSTON
State: MI
Query date: Fri Feb 18 19:25:12 CST 2011

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Paul,
Mine still shows 4B00 with no invoice, but the Cassens information popped up this afternoon, so I think it is finally on its way to CSX.

Cassens Vehicle Tracking
Del Date: 0000-00-00
Del Time: am
Query date: Fri Feb 18 19:25:12 CST 2011
I have the Cassens on mine as well, but not sure it really means much. The first Volt we ordered and couldn't buy still took a month from this same point with Cassens info not really ever showing anything all that.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I even get excited about your Good News!!!
LOL, thanks BamaSteve!

I've been waiting for my Volt since I ordered it way back on August 18, 2010, so I'm psyched it finally shipped!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the Cassens on mine as well, but not sure it really means much. The first Volt we ordered and couldn't buy still took a month from this same point with Cassens info not really ever showing anything all that.

Paul (Cari's husband)
Mine is now at 4200. If I go to the Cassens tracking site it shows delivered to CSX, now the cross country rail shipping wait begins...

Cassens Vehicle Tracking
Del Date: 2011-02-18
Del Time: 9:14 am
Query date: Sat Feb 19 08:59:07 CST 2011

No invoice yet, but since the plant was closed on Friday and likely will be closed Monday for Presidents Day, I expect they won't invoice until Tuesday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Volt #1316 has made it to the final stage of order tracking: My rail car arrived at Jessup, MD at 9:51 this (Saturday of a holiday weekend) morning. Does anyone have a sense of how long it takes to get the cars unloaded, whether Saturday is a work day for Cassens, and whether my car is likely to make it to the dealer (about 25 miles from Jessup) today?

ETTX 950110

2/17 6:58 AM Departed New Boston, MI to Walbridge, OH
11:44 AM Arrived Walbridge, OH
11:00 PM Departed to Cumberland, MD

2/19 4:00 AM Departed to Jessup, MD
9:51 AM Arrived Jessup, MD

·
Registered
442 Posts
mine just went to 4200,cant believe it. when does it get in voiced to dealer. another volt on its way to ct.
Woohoo.. I am there with you. Ours went to 4200 as well. Hopefully less than a month to get to the dealership unlike some previous ones we have seen.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting reading everyones updates. My car has arrived in my state and I'm now, as dated 2/18 - 4800 Rail Ramp Unload. And listed before that another 4B00 - Your car is bayed and waiting... So the train ride is over and a truck will move it around next.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi guys ... Just checking in for the first time in like two weeks. I haven't been able to keep up here AT ALL so I appreciate any pointers (via PM) to specific posts or URLs that I should add to my FAQ here (linked below). I actually came in here to see what VIN you all are up to now, because I'm doing a radio interview this afternoon and wanted to point out the Volt is about to pass the Tesla Roadster in production volume -- and do so in about 3 months compared to the 3 years the Roadster has been in production. Sign of the times.

Volt #1316 has made it to the final stage of order tracking: My rail car arrived at Jessup, MD at 9:51 this (Saturday of a holiday weekend) morning. Does anyone have a sense of how long it takes to get the cars unloaded, whether Saturday is a work day for Cassens, and whether my car is likely to make it to the dealer (about 25 miles from Jessup) today?
If you haven't already, you should read the order tracking post in the FAQ, linked below. It specifically addresses timing issues like that. In my opinion, there's no way you're getting your Volt today. More like Monday or Tuesday maybe, and it could easily be later in the week. Here's what the FAQ says:

"After it arrives at the destination railyard, it takes at least a day or two (possibly 4-5) to get unloaded and trucked to your dealer, then your dealer needs a day for PDI."

2421 - 2440 of 3047 Posts