GM Volt Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 3047 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It's here!

It made it from the rail yard to the dealer in less than a day.

The dealer in Austin offered to ship it to me in Houston for free on this Friday. That's a huge help over going to pick it up. I was planning to get someone to drive me up there on Sunday to get it (they are closed Saturday). I am excited!

It's the end of chase -- what am I going to do all day without needing to chase or track Volts down for purchase???

Thank you for everyone's help!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts

The dealer in Austin offered to ship it to me in Houston for free on this Friday. That's a huge help over going to pick it up. I was planning to get someone to drive me up there on Sunday to get it (they are closed Saturday). I am excited!

It's the end of chase -- what am I going to do all day without needing to chase or track Volts down for purchase???

Grats Voltage692! Now there will be 2 Volts in Houston. You and me!

Stilgar

·
Registered
155 Posts

What dealer did you use in Austin? I am using Don Hewlett.
Steve

·
Registered
513 Posts
GM is definetly NOT holding to that March 1st. date for deliverys to the 2nd. rollout areas. Our new Volt was delivered to our Michigan dealer last week. We have closed on our Volt but are leaving it in the dealer's showroom. We spend the winter months aboard our boat in Miami so if we had flown home for delivery we would have to park it in our unheated garage. It seems like the best for both our dealer and us to allow the dealer to put our new Volt on a locked car and roped off display in his showroom. The point here is that we could be driving that Volt right now, from a 2nd. tier dealer. We don't have to wait until March 1st.:)

·
Registered
483 Posts

Congrats! Dang now you have to go back to real work...Oh well!

Enjoy and stay in touch Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts
GM is definetly NOT holding to that March 1st. date for deliverys to the 2nd. rollout areas. Our new Volt was delivered to our Michigan dealer last week. We have closed on our Volt but are leaving it in the dealer's showroom. We spend the winter months aboard our boat in Miami so if we had flown home for delivery we would have to park it in our unheated garage. It seems like the best for both our dealer and us to allow the dealer to put our new Volt on a locked car and roped off display in his showroom. The point here is that we could be driving that Volt right now, from a 2nd. tier dealer. We don't have to wait until March 1st.:)
You are in fact a lucky one Maynard...Many Volts shipped to second tier dealers were delivered without MSO paperwork.
The dealer is invoiced but they can not legally sell them without the MSO as there is no way to register them. I can only imagine the frustration of some of the folks being able to see their cars but not buy them until GM allows them to. Almost would have been better sitting in AREA 51 and that frustration but its only an opinion. I see both sides of it. GM obviously wants to capitolize on the 2nd tier rollout and distribution like they did the first rollout, media hype and such. Customers just want their cars. Guess we will have to see how it will end up. Larry

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are in fact a lucky one Maynard...Many Volts shipped to second tier dealers were delivered without MSO paperwork.
The dealer is invoiced but they can not legally sell them without the MSO as there is no way to register them. I can only imagine the frustration of some of the folks being able to see their cars but not buy them until GM allows them to. Almost would have been better sitting in AREA 51 and that frustration but its only an opinion. I see both sides of it. GM obviously wants to capitolize on the 2nd tier rollout and distribution like they did the first rollout, media hype and such. Customers just want their cars. Guess we will have to see how it will end up. Larry
I wonder if this has anything to do with my slooooooooooooooooow delivery. My car was shipped out almost 2 weeks ago and still has not arrived. My dealer said that he is waiting for it to come in and my advisor is ignoring my call from yesterday morning. Very frustrating to not know what is going on.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I wonder if this has anything to do with my slooooooooooooooooow delivery. My car was shipped out almost 2 weeks ago and still has not arrived. My dealer said that he is waiting for it to come in and my advisor is ignoring my call from yesterday morning. Very frustrating to not know what is going on.
if you look at my threads with tracking status, my car was delivered very slowly to a 1st tier dealer in Austin. i believe the weather may have been a factor, but there really wasn't a clear explanation for taking almost a month to go what normally takes 7-10 days.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have been stuck at status 3400 for about 1 month. TPW was last week. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, indeed. I went to 3400 on 1/19. TPW 0f 02/07. Expected it to be off the line before Feb 1. Stuck before ever getting to area 51. But we are a long way off from the record of 56 days. We got to hang in there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So it seems dannyrrr, Big Moe, WVhybrid and MichaelH plus myself are all tracking along in unison with a TPW of 2/21? I'm optimistic in expecting to go to 3800 on 2/28, having the car at the dealership by 3/14 (even out here in SoCal) and picking it up on Saturday 19th March at Rydell in Northridge. We'll see how that prediction goes! I think the VINs will be around 1700.

11/23/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
11/23/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
01/17/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/18/2011 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
01/19/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
02/01/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
02/01/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle

Graham
Hi all, just got a call today that my Volt will start production on Monday 2/21...did you guys get the call today also?

·
Registered
857 Posts

Congratulation! Patience has paid off.

Please don't be a stranger, and tell us about how you are using your Volt!

WVhybrid
status = 3400

·
Registered
431 Posts
dannyrrr,

I receive a call from my Volt advisor at the beginning of February saying my TPW was scheduled for 2/21 - haven't heard anything since then. I'm anticipating finding that I've advanced to 3800 on the morning of Tuesday 3/1 - that's the way it seems to work in most cases. We'll see!

WVhybrid,

I'll be using my Volt mainly for a 40-mile round-trip work commute - sold my old BMW M3 a couple of weeks ago to make room for it. Of course, if my mountain bike will fit in the back, all the better!

Graham

·
Registered
221 Posts
if you look at my threads with tracking status, my car was delivered very slowly to a 1st tier dealer in Austin. i believe the weather may have been a factor, but there really wasn't a clear explanation for taking almost a month to go what normally takes 7-10 days.
Things seem to have slowed to a snails pace. My order has been at 4B00 for eight days now after sitting at 3800 for two weeks.

VIN 1220, Built 1/26... Still at DHAM:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Last night the backup volt advisor called and left a message that my car is at the Distribution Center in Calif. So that is progress. It is in my state. She didn't say where that is but I will hang in there and see if my dealer can tell me anything today. Happy that it is my state.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Last night the backup volt advisor called and left a message that my car is at the Distribution Center in Calif. So that is progress. It is in my state. She didn't say where that is
Depends on whether you're in Northern/Central California, or Southern California. For Southern California that's probably Mira Loma (which is kinda in the Pasadena area). I don't recall exactly where the Northern California center is, but I think it's roughly in the Bay area.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Things seem to have slowed to a snails pace. My order has been at 4B00 for eight days now after sitting at 3800 for two weeks.

VIN 1220, Built 1/26... Still at DHAM:confused:
Right there with you.. ours was at 3800 on 1/27 and been sitting there along with another one going to the same dealership we are tracking. The other one is up to 4 listings of 4B00, but just hanging out at the factory. They may be making them faster, but they sure aren't be delivered or shipped faster.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Rusty. I'm in Redwood City, between SF and San Jose. I think it might be in Milpitis, which is very close. I sent an email to my dealer to let him know and asked him what he thinks about when it will arrive. One good thing for me is that I live about 4 miles from my dealer. I don't think I could have been one of those that drove hundreds of miles or to another state.

2401 - 2420 of 3047 Posts