GM Volt Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 3047 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
You are correct adamsocb, I didn't know that that data history was available. Her is the status history of our Volt. Notice that we roared through several status codes on one day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/29/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
11/29/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
01/03/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/04/2011 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
01/04/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/06/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/06/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together
01/31/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates. No further updates available at this time.)
01/31/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship
01/31/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
01/31/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've been following this thread long enough that I should know, but why did I go backwards this morning? I changed to 3000 on 1/19 and changed to 3100 on Saturday, 1/29. Now this morning it changed back to 3000, again dated Saturday, 1/29, checked today, 2/1. Larry?

12/02/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
01/17/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/18/2011 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
01/19/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

I don't like backwards. I called a VA yesterday to see if they had a TPW. Not yet. Did I jinx myself by calling?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've been following this thread long enough that I should know, but why did I go backwards this morning? I changed to 3000 on 1/19 and changed to 3100 on Saturday, 1/29. Now this morning it changed back to 3000, again dated Saturday, 1/29, checked today, 2/1. Larry?

12/02/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
01/17/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/18/2011 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
01/19/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

I don't like backwards. I called a VA yesterday to see if they had a TPW. Not yet. Did I jinx myself by calling?
Well not really a change in status...3100 is an internal plant status ( processing paperwork) letting other production departments know it is available to sequence. Technically the status 3000 and 3100 are still in the same step with parts ordered.....now available and waiting for your next movement when they place it into the sequence. Have you got your TPW target production week yet? Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts
You are correct adamsocb, I didn't know that that data history was available. Her is the status history of our Volt. Notice that we roared through several status codes on one day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/29/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
11/29/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
01/03/2011 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
01/04/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/06/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together
01/31/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates. No further updates available at this time.)
01/31/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
01/31/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
I love it when others help others out...this is a great world we live in!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome! I just moved to code 6000. Is this a guarantee that the dealer has the car? If so, I need to make some flight arrangements ASAP as this is my last weekend I'm available to pick up the card for the next 4 weeks. I don't think I can stand the waiting any longer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got off the phone with a VA. She said my order was built last week but not yet shipped. She could not get any additional information and suggested the car is likely in "quality inspection."
She also told me the order did not have my contact information which is why I have not heard from the VA team yet. She told me this is common since many dealers leave the order in the dealer's name. She took all of my contact information so I am in the VA system now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Volt #1279 is born.

Red with neutral leather

12/03/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
12/03/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together [TPW 1/24]

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just got off the phone with a VA. She said my order was built last week but not yet shipped. She could not get any additional information and suggested the car is likely in "quality inspection."
She also told me the order did not have my contact information which is why I have not heard from the VA team yet. She told me this is common since many dealers leave the order in the dealer's name. She took all of my contact information so I am in the VA system now.
Well that is somewhat good news. Better news from what I saw this morning. Over half of those that were stuck at the 3800 status moved on last night. In terms of QC out of all the Volts we are tracking only one now is showing being there since 1-15-11. The rest of the 3800 status vehicles are all 1-25 and later. Typical QC time can be 3 working days to 7 working days for detailed inspections. If it is found that a part or assembly is needing to be replaced it is a slower process. They have to order the part in before the repair can be performed. In early production vehicles like this Volt that could be for as long as 30 days. Not tying to freak you out but to just honestly prepare you for the worst case scenario and the real reason why it could take so long. Now with that said it has recently been shown that several of the QC checked cars with no issues are just now starting to move out from that same time frame you are in, so there is still a very likely chance we will see it move in the next day or two. If there is a component needing replacement then it has recently shown that they are getting most parts quickly..We have one at 17 days but have seen several others start movement in 12 to 15 days which is much better than the 30 days I know has happened.

Other issue that just popped into my head. Record snow and cold is hitting the area hard right now. Not sure if they will even try to move a Volt in sub zero weather and have to wonder if they are not spending all there time adding charge to the batteries to keep them with enough charge to allow for the warming. Heck the engine starts up to do that process doesnt it...So they are probably having to add gas too.

What is that old saying..Muphy's law.. Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts
Red with neutral leather

12/03/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
12/03/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together [TPW 1/24]
Congrats! Larry

·
Registered
483 Posts
Awesome! I just moved to code 6000. Is this a guarantee that the dealer has the car? If so, I need to make some flight arrangements ASAP as this is my last weekend I'm available to pick up the card for the next 4 weeks. I don't think I can stand the waiting any longer.
Have you done your paperwork? That is what the 6000 means. 5000 is when the dealer has the actual car in hand.Larry

·
Registered
513 Posts
Gee HPN pilot, our Volts are 3 serial numbers apart. Ours is #1276. Now see if yours goes through the next stages as quick as ours did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have you done your paperwork? That is what the 6000 means. 5000 is when the dealer has the actual car in hand.Larry
I haven't done anything with the dealership since putting my deposit down. I have a call into them to find out the status since I'm about to get on a plane to the West coast on business. My plan is to change the return flight to drop me off in NY on Friday so I'd like to get this figured out soon. Sounds like your doubtful that the car is actually at the dealer, huh?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Maynard, I admit I was a little jealous when yours got built last week , since we had the same TPW. :) , so was glad to see ours pop up this morning. I expect you will get yours a lot sooner since it has a lot less distance to travel !

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi Maynard, I admit I was a little jealous when yours got built last week , since we had the same TPW. :) , so was glad to see ours pop up this morning. I expect you will get yours a lot sooner since it has a lot less distance to travel !
Not necessarily, HPN pilot. My dealer says that whole process is a union thing and is impossible to predict. If they don't deliver ours today, they may have to wait awhile as there is a major winter storm coming to Detroit tonight. You know about those eh?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Others like ynotAZ, Cari, and me are still stuck at 3800.:eek:

Six days and counting at 3800...
Mine updated at around 5:30 this morning.

Here is the recent history and current status:

01/26/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates. No further updates available at this time.)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine updated at around 5:30 this morning.

Here is the recent history and current status:

01/26/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates. No further updates available at this time.)
Yep yours was one that I saw move on forward..Congrats...Now the snow and cold brrrrrrr. Larry

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well...Volt #963 has arrived in Kirby Texas (via train). Now I just have to wait for the trucking company to get it to the dealer, and then the dealer to do the PDI...
Still hoping for a pickup by this Friday...
Course now we have record breaking cold blast coming thru...even expect to set a couple low temp records, plus possible SNOW. That could really screw up my pickup hopes/plans..

Stilgar

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well...Volt #963 has arrived in Kirby Texas (via train). Now I just have to wait for the trucking company to get it to the dealer, and then the dealer to do the PDI...
Still hoping for a pickup by this Friday...
Course now we have record breaking cold blast coming thru...even expect to set a couple low temp records, plus possible SNOW. That could really screw up my pickup hopes/plans..

Stilgar
Same here so it looks like we were on the train together. It does amuse me when I call the Union Pacific number and they give a status of "Constructively Placed Kirby Texas" I mean that is better than being Destructively placed but I do chuckle at the female robotic voice saying constructively placed.

But it did arrive early enough in the day that I do hope the truck picks it up today. The distance to Austin isn't that far so I don't see why it couldn't be at the dealership by the end of today!

Oh and I guess I should have been paying attention to those Volt in the Snow threads but I just thought I wouldn't need to, it's only snowed like twice in San Antonio in my entire life and we are actually forcast for snow this week. I think this might have something to do with me getting a volt and hell freezing over .... coincidence? ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I haven't done anything with the dealership since putting my deposit down. I have a call into them to find out the status since I'm about to get on a plane to the West coast on business. My plan is to change the return flight to drop me off in NY on Friday so I'd like to get this figured out soon. Sounds like your doubtful that the car is actually at the dealer, huh?
Well to get a 6000 status they reported that you have done the deal and closed on the car, which is not what sounds like you have done. Maybe they made a mistake and entered it as 6000 instead of 5000 when it arrived....But no until I see a 5000 I could not assume it is there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I called CSX's automated line today, and it said the rail car was "placed in industry" does that mean its unloaded, or currently unloading, or something else?

2181 - 2200 of 3047 Posts