GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After trying to track down a set of TPMS sensors for a set of winter wheels I figured I'd share the best deal I found online after my dealer was quoting around $60 each for original equipment schrader's and like $100 for labor... :confused:

You can buy the original TPMS sensors online if you look around for anywhere from $36.00 - 58.00

ACDelco PN: 22854866 is one
Schrader PN: 12768826 was another

However I ran across a better deal on Oro-Tek sensors which CarID was selling (but asking $50 + shipping for). They offer 2 models, one [PN: OSC-0153A] is a standard unit guaranteed to work with the Volt, and a 2nd [PN: OTI-001A] that works with 70% of all vehicles including the Volt (great if you might want to keep the wheels for another compatible car during the life of the TPMS battery). Both are adjustable to fit different wheels and they looked a lot more rugged than the OE Schrader sensors.

They're only $29 and $32 respectively from Amazon.com with free shipping.

Obviously you'll still need to get them installed and have the learning done for your car, but you should save a decent amount buying these.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
GOOD -was waiting for someone to have a few to play with :)

run the temperature up and down on them unmounted 32 to 100 F and note the psi swing.

I can't tell from some of the data how temperature compensated they really are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts