GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concern and appreciate your interest in our hybrid technology.

We apologize; we do not currently have any plans to announce the introduction of a hybrid Matrix, Tundra, or Tacoma in the U.S. We are, however, aware of consumer interest, and consistently strive to remain competitive in today's market. Your comments and interest in this type of vehicle have been documented at our National Headquarters, where they remain available to the appropriate departments. We appreciate your input.

We invite you to visit our Environmental Technologies and Hybrid Technology Availability for Other Toyotas FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) to review more detailed information on these topics.

Thank you again for your interest!

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200804190130. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sandra Baker
Toyota Customer Experience
Customer (jeremy wilson) 04/17/2008 03:23 PM
I spent 922 dollars on gas in the last two months working as a carpentry contractor. I was hoping you guys at Toyota would have put your hybrid drive train in the New Matrix, but you didn't. I am trying to find a replacement for my 15 mpg pickup truck to work out of with a new Toyota, but a 4 mpg difference with the little 4 cylinder is not enough difference from my V8 pickup's current mileage to buy one. We Americans could use a Hybrid Tundra or Tacoma you know for a good work truck. Does gas have to get 5 to 10 bucks a gallon before you shift your thinking. Why are you waiting till we are all bankrupt before you make a hybrid pickup or SUV. You know they would sell so fast! Im so depressed, I hope none of them sell this year and you have to recall them back to the factory and re outfit them as hybrids. Toyota your constant fooling around is so depressing, what were you thinking? So many of your SUV.s and pickups could be hybrids I have given up on the US auto makers to make anything viable for working Americans. Are you guys trying to follow them into bankruptcy also! Please reply with a real answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't wait for the dual mode silverado to hit the streets this June. I can only hope GM A. offers it in a single cab I have no need for a king cab and when driving with people I use my car. B. hopefully a better roll out than the yukon/tahoe hybrid. C. Hopefully a little cheaper than the yukon sticker. If it gets to around 40k I am sold!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
40k is too much for any hybrid truck

Save your money, Gm cant give away the regular gas trucks, right now a new extended cab fully loaded is 17k in my area. You could buy 2 trucks for 40k, the extra 23k you spend on a Dual Mode 20 mpg
gas burner hybrid is a whole lot of gas money. Probably 4 years work of gas money at least at current prices. I struggling through 600 a month gas expenses on average with my pickup and will wait till someone makes a BEV pickup. No more years of funding to big oil from me after this truck. Be wise and wait till Gm is forced to roll out BEV trucks , Gas will be 5 bucks a gallon shortly and they wont sell anything on their lots and will have to conform and make BEV trucks and cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts