GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Would be ok for some if it were cheap enough, and if used as an urban commuter that had numerous 240 charging stations available along your stops. For me, it could never replace my Volt, nor would it even be considered. But, I am glad more electrics are coming, it's the "smart car" version of an electric car.

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
You'd have to explain to me why anyone would care about this thing. Seems even more of a niche player than the i-Miev, which is larger and better looking and has a better range.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be ok for some if it were cheap enough, and if used as an urban commuter that had numerous 240 charging stations available along your stops. For me, it could never replace my Volt, nor would it even be considered. But, I am glad more electrics are coming, it's the "smart car" version of an electric car.

Steve in Boca Raton #313
Except that the electric "Smart Car" is actually MORE expensive (See sticker below) than your Volt! I thought the one I test drove was kind of cheap and plastic inside. Made the Volt look luxurious!

·
Administrator
21,228 Posts
Depending on price, it might be ok for an apartment dweller with minimal auto needs who also has an outlet available for charging. For people who live in an apartment, lack of a charging infrastructure available at their parking spot is the the biggest hurdle by far.

·
Banned
200 Posts
50 mile range sounds perfect for a commuter car, either owned by a city dweller or a 2+ car household. As for its size, no doubt it is very small in the US landscape but there is a whole world outside the US. And even the US can change -- it is not so long ago that Chevy owners derided Volt sized cars as tin can deathtraps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts