GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. My 2017 is being built the week of June 26 and I would REALLY LOVE to watch as it's built. Does anyone know who I could contact at Hamtramck to arrange it?

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
They have a public relations team. Ask for them. I have been on a tour and it was interesting. They may be more inclined when there is a larger group. I accompanied a group of about two dozen Canadian Volt owners. But they have given tours to individuals in the past as well.

P.S. I was in Ann Arbor the year before and when I called ahead about a tour was told they don't give them. But they do.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hey all.. My 2017 is being built the week of June 26 and I would REALLY LOVE to watch as it's built. Does anyone know who I could contact at Hamtramck to arrange it?
DHam *Detroit Hamtramck assembly) is currently doing model changeover and will resume public tours this fall.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
DHam *Detroit Hamtramck assembly) is currently doing model changeover and will resume public tours this fall.
Does this mean that the 2017 Volt assembly is temporarily shut down, too?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
No, it does not.
I understand now. I'm assuming that for safety's sake the public is prohibited from the factory while machinery is remodeled/relocated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts