GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oddest thing happened today. I drove to work and parked as usual. Someone else drove for lunch but when we got back, I needed to grab something from my car before going back inside. I keep the key fob in my pocket so I pressed the unlock button on the driver's door handle as I've done every day since taking delivery and the car unlocked as expected. I grabbed what I needed and closed the door - still with my key fob in my pocket with me outside of the car. At that point, the car alarm went off. I tried to deactivate it by pressing the "unlock" button on the fob with no effect. I then opened the door and thought that I would start the car to deactivate the alarm. The dash lit up with discrete error messages for EVERY system; alarm, parking system, climate system, etc... I turned off the car and exited; hoping to reboot the car again. After closing the door, the radio was still on and the dash was still lit up but the power light was blinking. The door was still unlocked yet the key fob would not lock the doors or do anything else. I repeated the open/start/poweroff/close process twice more and then finally the car behaved as expected. It's been OK since.

Anyone else see this odd wigged-out behavior before?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Strange...

I wonder if the remote and your house keys in your pocket accidentally pushed the panic alarm button. To disable the panic alarm once it is on, you are supposed to hit the panic alarm button again.

In your case, you did other things which were unsuccessful in turning it off. And then you tried to lock the doors so you could leave the car, but it wouldn't let you. And I assume at this point the panic alarm is still blaring? Only after opening the car/starting the car/powering off the car/ and closing the door twice did it finally settle down and the panic alarm finally stopped. Is that correct?:confused:

I wonder if the panic alarm was just running it's course during all the attempts you made and simply wouldn't stop until a time limit was reached. I've only had this happen to me once with my keys in my pocket but once I heard the noise I kept pushing buttons on the remote until it stopped. Since that time, I read the manual again to remember how to turn it off when activated.

Not sure if my assumptions and theories helped, but I hope it doesn't happen to you again. That kind of stuff can be embarrassing.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts