GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Volt owners. I drove a Gen1 before my actual Gen2 and there is an information I liked to see in the older menus I cannot seem to find anywhere in the new menus or in the OnStar app... Total fuel consumed since new. I'm not talking about average fuel consumption since new but really the amount of gas consumed.

Anybody seen that info somewhere?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Hi fellow Volt owners. I drove a Gen1 before my actual Gen2 and there is an information I liked to see in the older menus I cannot seem to find anywhere in the new menus or in the OnStar app... Total fuel consumed since new. I'm not talking about average fuel consumption since new but really the amount of gas consumed.

Cheers
*blink* That on a Gen 1 screen? I don't remember seeing it...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Lifetime gas used was never a display item, but Gen 1 Trip A and Trip B counters listed trip distance, trip gas used, and trip MPG, and some owners tried to never reset one of them to maintain a record of lifetime gas used. The Gen 2 display, it seems, no longer includes gas used on the Trip counter display. However, one can always calculate it easily.

Total Miles/Total Gas = MPG
or
Odometer/MPG = total gas used

Unless your display reads 250+, calculating with the displayed numbers will provide a reasonably accurate number. If your Volt is registered on Voltstats, you can download your Voltdata file to see all those numbers to five decimal places.

Total gas used, by the by, is also the number of electric miles you need to drive without using gas to increase your MPG by 1.0000.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2011 Volt and I have never reset the Trip A meter so that is how i know how much gas I have burned. I have used a little over 1600 gallons of gasoline. On the other hand, the MPG buffer resets to 0 every 65,000 miles or so which is probably 2 to the 16th power which equals 65,536. I will reach 150,000 miles later this week so I have hit this limit twice already. Thus my "lifetime" MPG on the Trip A meter is now in the mid-teens because of this buffer overrun.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Best bet might be to login to MyVolt.com I know there's a spot under the "efficiency" button that will tell you how many gallons you've used in the past 7 days, and in the pas 12 months.

I don't think there's a lifetime of that though, you might be able to extrapolate it if there's a "lifetime" datapoint of "C02 Avoided".

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I used Trip B computer

This was the photo of my 13 the day I traded it in, a friend went to look at it and take a test drive and the dealer reset EVERYTHING so all that data is gone. There is no other place to get that data on a Gen I or II for that matter.

MyVolt or VoltStats may have some of this data, but assumes you set up a VoltStats account when the car was NEW.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

Cheers
The "daily data" spreadsheet on Voltstats will give you lifetime fuel consumption....assuming you've linked your Volt to voltstats. Data may not be complete though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts