GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started thinking today how happy I am with my Volt and realized that today is my one year anniversary! What I have found in the past year is that this car is not only fun to drive, quick, nice looking, but it is also an engineering marvel!
I have had many cars from just about every German, Japanese, and American corporation. I can say that at a year, I am still incredibly happy with my choice.
With 11,800 miles and with only 40.4 gallons of fuel used, I am in awe of this thing. My previous vehicle would have used about 600 more gallons of premium gasoline than my Volt has. Since I am on Real Time Pricing with Comed, I save on my electric costs! Only spending about $12 per month to charge my Volt.
I am pleased to say that I have had one full year of absolutely trouble free driving. I'm waiting to see what enhancements we will find in Volt 2.0! I NEVER thought I would by another GM vehicle, but I am so glad that GM made this car. It makes me proud to again be driving American. Of course with that said I still have an Infiniti and a Miata in my garage. Waiting to see what might be a good replacement for wife's FX35 that we love but hardly drive anymore. It is either the Miata or the Volt!:)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats on your Volts one year anniversary. I am in total agreement..........the Volt is an engineering marvel AND best kept secret around. I bought mine in February, 2012 with minimal price incentives and have absolutely no regrets. With the price incentives that GM/Dealers are currently offering on the 2013's and remaining 2012's, I would think these things would be sold out.
I am anxious for the Gen 2 Volt and hope in the near future that GM comes out with an Equinox style vehicle using the Volt's technology.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks BTOWN, I totally agree that an Equinox style SUV could be a home run for PHEV's and most of all for GM. The ELR is a nice looking car, but I am not sure about it. I feel like that is just a niche vehicle that will fulfill a very small niche market! Most Americans still drive large cars, mostly SUV's. The Volt has a proven track record now, and it is time to put the Voltech drivetrain into an SUV! It would be great to see our beloved Volt become less controversial!!! I am so tired of dispelling all of the negatives before I can explain what an amazing vehicle the Volt is, and how much $$ I have saved over my first year compared to my 2009 Infiniti G35X that I traded for my Volt.

3,600 Posts
I started thinking today how happy I am with my Volt and realized that today is my one year anniversary! What I have found in the past year is that this car is not only fun to drive, quick, nice looking, but it is also an engineering marvel!
I have had many cars from just about every German, Japanese, and American corporation. I can say that at a year, I am still incredibly happy with my choice.
With 11,800 miles and with only 40.4 gallons of fuel used, I am in awe of this thing. My previous vehicle would have used about 600 more gallons of premium gasoline than my Volt has. Since I am on Real Time Pricing with Comed, I save on my electric costs! Only spending about $12 per month to charge my Volt.
I am pleased to say that I have had one full year of absolutely trouble free driving. I'm waiting to see what enhancements we will find in Volt 2.0! I NEVER thought I would by another GM vehicle, but I am so glad that GM made this car. It makes me proud to again be driving American. Of course with that said I still have an Infiniti and a Miata in my garage. Waiting to see what might be a good replacement for wife's FX35 that we love but hardly drive anymore. It is either the Miata or the Volt!:)
Congrats Bills Volt!

So glad to hear you are loving your Volt! That is an amazing testimony! Here's to another year of fun driving and savings!! :cool:

-Ian Chevrolet EV Customer Service

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats Bills Volt!

So glad to hear you are loving your Volt! That is an amazing testimony! Here's to another year of fun driving and savings!! :cool:

-Ian Chevrolet EV Customer Service
Thanks! I told everyone about my one year anniversary at work today. I have been able to talk a co-worker into buying a Volt. She and I were talking to someone else today about how hw should just go and check a Volt out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks! I told everyone about my one year anniversary at work today. I have been able to talk a co-worker into buying a Volt. She and I were talking to someone else today about how hw should just go and check a Volt out.
My wife and I crossed paths with a couple that was driving a Ford Flex in a Big Boy parking lot. The couple was interested in the Volt and we were the first Volt owners they had a chance to talk with. They stopped us as we were pulling out and asked a ton of questions. About a month later we crossed paths again (same parking lot) and they were driving a shiny new black 2012 Volt and the Ford Flex was gone. This car has received more attention (all positive) than any other car I've owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts