GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any ELR owners driving the 2016 ELR with the "Performance Package", who can report on the
tire brand, specialty designation and speed rating ?

If you are driving on these tires what is your experience with comfort, noise, lost mileage?

Internet reviews list only size and "Summer" designation,,,no brand info mentioned.

Thank you !

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Tires are Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX GT, with a speed rating of Z, followed by 99Y which means 186mph rating. The car itself is spec'd to go up to 130mph in sport mode, not too shabby.

My ELR rides great (one of the best riding modern Cadillacs and I've been in most of them, and that's even with its 20" wheels!), has very little tire noise in the cabin (obviously certain noisy surfaces can change that) and handles like it's on rails. Aggressive turns have yet to show any sign of tire squeal or slip, even with windows down. I think GM estimates a 10% mileage penalty with these tires over the very poorly reviewed standard (all-season low rolling resistance) tires. I'll take that deal any day. My typical summer range has been 39 miles, and I'm not being too gentle on it. I know it could easily exceed 40 if I actually tried for high numbers, maybe even 45. Anyway, it routinely bests my old 2014 Volt, which was kind of a dog in terms of efficiency. On the highway I'm usually not spending much time under 75 mph in the ELR. It uses the 17 KWH battery from the '15 Volt and wrings out more juice from it than did the Volt.

Soo... love the tires, LOVE the '16 ELR, especially with the Performance Package.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU !!!

Your report answers many of the questioned that have been missing in our understanding of the 2016 ELR,,,with the "Performance Package"!!!

Thank you for taking the time to contribute your personal experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts