GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in touch with Tire Rack. They don't offer any wheels for the 2016 / 2017 volt because they need one to measure. If anyone has a suitable car, is near South Bend, IN and is willing to give them 2-3 hours (weekdays arrive before noon) they will give you a discount on tire and/or wheel package, they say usually 10-15%.

I may take a day off from work and drive from the Chicago area, but if someone is nearby and can give them a few hours in the next couple of weeks, I'm happy to let them use it.

If you are interested contact me by personal message or email [email protected].

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't imagine they are different than the Cruze. Seems like they should just go to a dealership and test drive one. ;)

--
Posted from my iPhone using the "Tapatalk" app.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I hope someone responds soon.

It will be great to get the 2nd gen Volt in Tire Rack's database. I know that I have been to their site and there is no Volt
sample shot to configure new tires and wheels on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't imagine they are different than the Cruze. Seems like they should just go to a dealership and test drive one. ;)
The wheels are probably the same, but they want to actually see and measure them before listing on their website. I've always been impressed with their quality of service and accuracy of info.

I don't know if they have agreements with dealers (maybe not 'cuz the dealers would rather sell tires and wheels) or maybe the Volt hasn't made it to Indiana yet, or maybe it's not worth the effort since Volt buyers are probably not buying a huge number of aftermarket wheels and tires, at least not until the OEM tires wear out in a few years. I just want a set of snow tires before driving up north next winter.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've always been impressed with their quality of service and accuracy of info.
+1. I used to just dread going to a tire shop - all the sales BS just drove me crazy. Ordering from TireRack is a dream - it's easy to comparison shop on their website, their product descriptions are accurate, and they ship fast. And having my local mechanic, whom I trust, mount them takes the stress right out of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I were close I would. So want to get winter tires/wheels for the car, but again no options right now on their site. Can make some pretty good guesses, but I'm not that great at figuring out offsets and such. Unfortunately, I'm easily a days+ drive away so can't volunteer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tire Rack Still Looking for Gen 2 Volt to Measure

BTT Still looking for a car to measure and I won't be in the area until the end of June.

I have been in touch with Tire Rack. They don't offer any wheels for the 2016 / 2017 volt because they need one to measure. If anyone has a suitable car, is near South Bend, IN and is willing to give them 2-3 hours (weekdays arrive before noon) they will give you a discount on tire and/or wheel package, they say usually 10-15%.

I may take a day off from work and drive from the Chicago area, but if someone is nearby and can give them a few hours in the next couple of weeks, I'm happy to let them use it.

If you are interested contact me by personal message or email [email protected].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts