GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the north we can get temperatures too cold to allow paste waxing as early as next month (which could lead to a salty winter without protection for your car's paint).

Today, I used Rain-X Bug & Tar remover, Mothers California Gold clay bar, and Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax.

The Rain-X did a perfect job removing the tiny specks of tar that had appeared a couple of weeks ago on the lower door panels when the road was resurfaced in front of work. Just spray it on, wait five minutes, and wipe it and the tar off.

The Mothers clay bar did some noticeable good on the roof and front hood, but really had nothing to remove elsewhere on the car. The clay bar is super easy to use; just apply the spray Instant Detailer, and very lightly rub with the putty-like clay bar.

The Meguiar's paste wax always provides a super reflective shine, and I like it better than other waxes I have tried.

What are your favorite products for detailing your car?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mister Dave. How long does the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant last? How does it compare to detailing shops which advertise treatments claiming you won't need to wax your car for six months?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Hi Mister Dave. How long does the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant last? How does it compare to detailing shops which advertise treatments claiming you won't need to wax your car for six months?
Hey James......

I think the detail shops use the same or similar. Most brands have a version and FWICT they're all pretty good. I picked this 'cuz it was recommended for black paint.

The paint looks better than new. The big bonus is how slippery it gets. My car was in the rain 3 days last week and it really doesn't need a wash - maybe next week. And you know how dust collects on the tail? Well not nearly as much with this stuff. My car is black, so you know I see more of a difference than some folks (and I'm okay with that).

I plan to use it twice a year, though some only use it yearly. It's not simple, though the polish enhancer is really the tougher part (and step one unless you want to clay bar first).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts