GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Appreciate any comments on this one. Planning on turning in my 13 Volt for this:

LT w/ Leather, Bose, Comfort Package, 36 Mo., 12k/yr
Price: $36,015
Discount: $3,715
Out the Door (w/ taxes and fees): $35,642.20
Rebates: $7,360

$0 Out of Pocket, $246.91/month. Any other questions I should be asking about? Thanks all!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hi all. Appreciate any comments on this one. Planning on turning in my 13 Volt for this:

$0 Out of Pocket, $246.91/month. Any other questions I should be asking about? Thanks all!
I had purchased almost the exact same car (plus all weather package), same mileage...Paid almost the same total (my deal was $1500 drive off, $204.99/mo)...Only thing I would consider is if you could get the $1K off private offer which MAY go live next weekend...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Thoughts:

$8,888 to drive a car for 3 years and only 12K miles per year and have nothing to show for it.
Any chance you'll exceed the mileage limit?
Are you prepared to maintain the lease if you lose your job or suffer another type of financial crisis?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thoughts:

$8,888 to drive a car for 3 years and only 12K miles per year and have nothing to show for it.
Are you prepared to maintain the lease if you lose your job or suffer another type of financial crisis?
FYI, when someone asks for thoughts, they usually are looking for validation of their choice, not a cold slap of reality to the face.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Looks decent for a lease deal. Farm bureau and/or private offer would help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thoughts:

I hear you. I am mainly getting it for the HOV stickers. Here in So Cal, that can make a big difference in my time on the road. Nope, fortunately I am able to get into my vanpool most days so I won't get close to the max miles. And yes, I can still pay for the lease if I were to lose my job. Oh, and I will get back $1500 for CA so that does lower the total cost over the three years.

I do appreciate the comments... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know about the PO. Tried to get one last month to no avail. Hoping it pops up this weekend? Cross fingers...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thoughts:
Lol...If you want to get technical...

$7,388 since he gets $1500 from the state; Unless you want to drive the Volt into the ground, buying it and selling it later is a far worse choice as they don't hold their value...Did you hear Ally finally got sick of the losses per leased Volts and finally started to negotiate the buy out? Lease now, buy it at a discount later (if you want) you have options...And since we talking financials, he could be saving using electricity vs dinosaur juice...

maintain the lease
I terminated mine with nearly the same numbers for a $1000 net loss...Couldn't have been happier to end it, the Volt was clearly not for me...

if you lose your job
Unemployment...

suffer another type of financial crisis?
Bankruptcy...

Apologies for producing an even colder slap of reality to the face, but that's how I roll! :)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I hear you. I am mainly getting it for the HOV stickers. Here in So Cal, that can make a big difference in my time on the road. Nope, fortunately I am able to get into my vanpool most days so I won't get close to the max miles. And yes, I can still pay for the lease if I were to lose my job. Oh, and I will get back $1500 for CA so that does lower the total cost over the three years.

I do appreciate the comments... :)
What about buying a nice clean used Gen 1 Volt? That saves you a bunch of money and gets you the HOV decals as well :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about buying a nice clean used Gen 1 Volt? That saves you a bunch of money and gets you the HOV decals as well :)
Yep, I Have gone back and forth about that as well since I currently have a 2013 Volt I am turning in... Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the Lending Company down enough to market value... ie I can go buy a used one with the same options for less than what they want me to purchase mine back for.

There are some positives though to getting the 17... more electric range, warranty, etc... Ack! Why are you making me rethink this??? :)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yep, I Have gone back and forth about that as well since I currently have a 2013 Volt I am turning in... Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the Lending Company down enough to market value... ie I can go buy a used one with the same options for less than what they want me to purchase mine back for.

There are some positives though to getting the 17... more electric range, warranty, etc... Ack! Why are you making me rethink this??? :)
Just interjecting a voice of reason LOL :)
Good Luck

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Hate that voice of reason... just want my new car! :) Thanks.
40% more range, 5 seat(belts), regular gas, better ICE mpg, better performance....

If the math works, just do it. :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thoughts:

Nobody that drives a Volt should complain about someone else financing or leasing one. The depreciation on a Volt makes the finance charges look like chicken feed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts