GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be parking my car at the airport (MSP) for several days. I will arrive at the airport in CS mode. My question is, should I drive in Mountain mode, so that there is a significant charge left in the battery while it is parked, or should I not worry about it?

My thought is that it shouldn't really matter since there will still be the buffer charge left in the battery if I don't use Mountain mode.

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
MM sounds fine. MM can indeed be "Airport mode" so that your SOC is higher than if you ran it down to CS-mode in Normal mode.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Contact the place you are planning to park. I did that for an upcoming trip and they are saving a place for me by the office so I can plug in (just a regular 120 outlet, but still, that is more than enough)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I'd use MM. I doubt it would matter but I always like having some EV power when I start. No real rational reason for this. LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does anybody know if GM has a time limit they recommend for a maximum time to leave it unplugged (such as your case - at an airport), if it was in CS mode when parked? I would also vote for running in mountain mode to leave as much charge as possible. But we should have a recommendation from GM on this.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Does anybody know if GM has a time limit they recommend for a maximum time to leave it unplugged (such as your case - at an airport), if it was in CS mode when parked? I would also vote for running in mountain mode to leave as much charge as possible. But we should have a recommendation from GM on this.
Great question. I'm GM has published some guidelines to dealers regarding the care and feeding of a Volt if it looks like it could sit for days/weeks on end w/o being started or driven.

Maybe one of our Advisors or Dealer Rep's will chime in.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm going to be parking my car at the airport (MSP) for several days. I will arrive at the airport in CS mode. My question is, should I drive in Mountain mode, so that there is a significant charge left in the battery while it is parked, or should I not worry about it?

My thought is that it shouldn't really matter since there will still be the buffer charge left in the battery if I don't use Mountain mode.

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks!
I leave my Volt unplugged at the airport all the time- usually for at least 3 days. Chicago summers, Chicago winters, and everything in-between. Never had a problem......your experience may vary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts