GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon. Just wanted to share two things I have done to my 2015 Volt. I replaced the rocker panels. Ordered these off of ebay. They are originals for the Opel Ampera. The wheels were not replaced but are Carbon Fiber stickers. The are called RimTats by the Chrome Warehouse. Bought these off of Amazon $45.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Love the body colored rockers, can take or leave the wheel decals. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I'd call them mods, but not so sure I'd call'em upgrades. Aside from changing its' looks (which is fine, after all it's your car.) how does the car act any different?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have a similar colored '12 Volt and really like the rocker covers. Have a link to them on Ebay or were they the only ones available?

I'd prefer to have the sides dark with the facing surface chrome but don't car to paint perfectly good chrome wheels and buff the face.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rockers look good. It's screaming for a painted front splitter and rear diffusor now.

Anything that makes OEM Volt wheels not look OEM is a plus IMO.
Agree, now you have to spend more money to paint the front and rear to match :) But it looks great, part of the reason why I got grey was so that I wouldn't have to spend the money to have them painted to match any of the other colors.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I hope this doesn't mean that GM will have no spare Volt parts 5 years down the road.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
The rocker panels look pretty awesome.

Yes, they do !! And for not much money and a certain amount of shipping you can buy a spare set of brand new rocker panels and all the Primer/Filler and the white paint and clear coat to make you Volt look like this.

I have these items For Sale in the For Sale section of this forum.

They pop right off after removing a few screws. Saves a lot of back breaking painting on the ground work.

There may even be enough of the paint supplies to do the front and rear sections also !!

EDIT: Link: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?172801-Brand-New-Rocker-Panels__-for-Painting-Body-Color-Off-the-Car

I can send pics but they are still in the factory boxes. All new plastic clips included. Just like what you see in the parts catalog.

Then sell the rockers to the next guy that wants to repeat the process.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts