GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4-week old 2017 Volt and all morning I've been getting this message when trying to check my vehicle status:

"This vehicle does not have an associated Onstar account here."

Is this happening to everyone else?

Thanks,
david

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Have you enabled your ONstar account? You need to press the ONstar button and talk to the representative.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that had been done when I picked up the car 4 weeks ago. I've been using this service and the website ever since. Is this "press the blue button" something different then?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
For the past few days, I’ve been getting the same "This vehicle has no associated OnStar account" thing on the mychevrolet.com website for the 2012 Volt I’ve owned for 5 years, even though I have logged on using my OnStar account login, and at the top right it says I have the OnStar Basic Plan good until 2018. I thought perhaps the website was mimicking the app by taking away the charging status information (Vehicle Status is not available on the app on the Basic Plan), but if it’s happening to a brand new 2017 owner, it’s a different problem.

I also have not been able to retrieve charging information on the myvolt.com website either (although it does try to get it instead of telling me I have no associated account). I suspect that both websites may eventually start working again. The voltstats.net website does have the latest data on my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It's the same with mine, three days now. Get the app instead, it's more reliable than their website.

I think they have a problem with their system.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Use onstar.com to sign up and check your plan status. Blue button puts you thru to a salesman who will want your credit card.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I clearly remember my salesman setting this up when delivering our 2012. Did your sales person go over the car when you took delivery?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As of yesterday, the my.chevrolet.com website started to function correctly again. I'm guessing it was a glitch on Chevy's end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts