GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
20,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like name calling, but that was my reaction to this woman's Volt review.

This is laughably labeled as a "full report." She stunk up her report with many brain farts such as "it needs to not be a plug in hybrid but rather a regular hybrid". Huh? I can imagine her in the early 1900's saying, "Horseless carriages would be great if they just took out the gas engine and replaced it with horses."

I don't think she even understands what she is saying. It sounded like she was reading randomized info and throwing some verbs in every so often. With so called "full reports" like this it is not surprising many in the public are confused.

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/features/551396/car-coach--chevy-volt/

·
Registered
912 Posts
100 bucks a week in electricity? What did she do? Live inside the car with it plugged into the wall all week running the A/C on full with the lights on highbeam? That's, as they say, four day old fish... I ain't buyin' it!

Well you know they also say opinions are like bellybuttons and arseholes, everyone has them and at least half of them stink!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Never got more than 25 Miles AER? 34 MPG plus the cost of electricity? $100.00 per week? I can not believe this person is a reporter, obviously made these numbers up - or was paid to use them by someone (Toyota? Big Oil? Rush Limbaugh?). It is too bad there is not a comment section to attempt to set straight anyone who reads this garbage.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If Ignorance is Bliss...then this is one ecstatically happy blogger

This woman is pathetically misinformed. It's what happens when anyone with a PC can become a 'blogger journalist.'
My volt is now 3 months old, has 2400 miles on it and I am a customer/victim of ConEdison (NY). They proudly bills KWH at some of the highest rates in the country. 70% of my miles are electric miles and my electric bill shows a $40-$50 per month increase since the Volt arrived.
Her reported range of around 25miles is lower than the worst range I have ever received...31 miles: in sport mode with the AC on full blast, accelerating like a maniac and sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on a 95degree day. How could one possibly hit such a low number? Who does she work for? the petroleum institute?
Stuart #2209

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
did you notice there is no way to comment on this thread!
Me thinks her brother is Homer Simpson! Doh!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can't comment on the news site, but her blog & email are easily found via search engine. I'm going to send her an email asking basically $100/week WTF?, and asking her to correct her article.

·
Registered
882 Posts
WOW, you're not kidding....that article was written by a complete idiot. I just wrote them saying there was so much incorrect information, that I don't believe she actually had the car, and I can't believe she passes herself off as an expert with the claim of " car coach " and the need to make a retraction of that story. I told them so much was also wrong with spelling and grammar. I asked them to phone me because there was too much to discuss.

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sent them an email about the garbage that was in the article.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I told them so much was also wrong with spelling and grammar.
I don't think that's her fault. The "report" was in the video and someone/something just did a horrible job transcribing the words.

Why is it a non-luxury sedan? Because she didn't have leather seats?? How many of the "luxury package" options she mentions are actually standard anyways?

I'm actually impressed she was able to fit so many wrong "factoids" in a short 2-minute video!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yup, I can't find the article on their website. Maybe they did pull it.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Certainly looks pulled, no search there will bring it up!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah, as a "conservative" let me say that the mainstream conservative pundits don't know jack about the Volt. I got booted off of Free Republic for giving factual reports to the misinformed over there. Dissent is not allowed and yet "they" belly ache about their precious freedoms which they tend to deny others. Misinformation and hypocrisy is all "my" side has to offer nowadays.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The story WAS pulled. Here is why.......
I wrote to the editor yesterday and just received a reply late this morning. He said it was pulled for review.
I wrote him that the story had so many factual and grammar errors that it was my belief that the writer had no business insinuating she was some sort of car expert ( car coach ). And I mentioned the part where the writer said the Volt should not be a plug-in but should be a "regular hybrid", which I pointed out the electric charge was the most efficient feature of the Volt, and the 100 dollar a week electric bill was absolutely impossible !
Let's see if they print a retraction.........

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Registered
569 Posts
the video is no longer on the net or the article.......

·
Registered
218 Posts
I emailed yesterday... here is the reply -

"Hello Dave and thanks for your note. The content of this story is under review. The piece has been pulled from our website in the interim. "

Ron Lombard
News Director
YNN – Central NY / Northern NY / Southern Tier

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just now clicked on the link and it's still there...

Did they put it back up, or is there some cacheing going on somewhere?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts