GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
the ELR is an amazing ride. if you have the money and don't care about the expense, i can definitely see owning one. the cabin space is just so comfortable and welcoming. all the materials inside feel authentic and great.

that being said, the more budget sensitive person I am is very pleased with my volt!

Looks like Matt Farah might have an older 2012 volt, as he does not have hold mode.

· Registered
437 Posts
I have the money. That is why I am on the reservation list for the Tesla Model X, and no interests in the ELR.

the ELR is an amazing ride. if you have the money and don't care about the expense, i can definitely see owning one. the cabin space is just so comfortable and welcoming. all the materials inside feel authentic and great.

that being said, the more budget sensitive person I am is very pleased with my volt!

Looks like Matt Farah might have an older 2012 volt, as he does not have hold mode.

· Registered
6,863 Posts
I love cars like the ELR and Tesla, but like most American's I can't justify spending $77K to well over $100K for a car.

Having owned a 2011 CTS-V coupe (listed for $74K but bought used for $48K with less than 5K miles) the ELR tugs at my heart

But I just can't justify the price of admission. So I solider on with TWO Volt's

That cost me less than $57K for both.

· Registered
2,882 Posts
I love cars like the ELR and Tesla, but like most American's I can't justify spending $77K to well over $100K for a car.

Having owned a 2011 CTS-V coupe (listed for $74K but bought used for $48K with less than 5K miles) the ELR tugs at my heart.
Might have been a better deal to sell the CTS-V and one of the Volts in exchange for an ELR. One less car to take up space, to maintain and insure, while getting something extremely special in return. I'll bet you'd never regret taking the plunge.

· Registered
155 Posts

Having owned a 2011 CTS-V coupe (listed for $74K but bought used for $48K with less than 5K miles) the ELR tugs at my heart

But I just can't justify the price of admission. So I solider on with TWO Volt's

That cost me less than $57K for both.
I feel sorry for the original owner of your CTS-V. That's a huge depreciation hit that they took. I would not have a hard time justifying YOUR purchase price however lol. I don't think I've ever seen a Crystal Red a Volt IRL. It sure looks good in your picture.

· Registered
112 Posts
Good post I liked the video, I agree I could have bought of 4 2012 leftovers for that price after the tax credit refund. And I love the inside of mine with the tan leather. The weather tech shades made the wind noise disappear, I'm glad I found out about them on this form.

· Registered
218 Posts
I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I think the Volt is better looking then the ELR. However I think the Volt looks a little fat in the butt, 6 to 10 inches more length would help that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.