GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tested and it seems like the latest RemoteLink application on iPhone is working fine now.
Looks like the fix was of the server side rather that the application itself.
Thanks GM for quick turn around!

· Registered
734 Posts
Unfortunately, the app is not currently available on the App Store.

After I updated my app (and made it non operational), i uninstalled the app and tried to re-install it, but could no longer find it in the app store.

Hopefully, they will get a version of the app up on the app store soon.

· Registered
38 Posts
3:19 PM Pacific time: Just worked for me as well.

Had not been working for me since late yesterday's update. iPHONE 4S iOS6

· Registered
6,863 Posts
5:32 pm and my app is working again. Whatever was wrong and whoever fixed it, I thank you.

· Registered
87 Posts
As I posted on another thread. When the problem first manifested the app sugested driving the car and trying again (this message only showed up once). Sure enough, after the drive to work I tried the app on my iPhone and it was working again. The app still needs fixing (so it doesn't require physically going out and taking a drive), but at least it is working (knock wood).

· Registered
1,126 Posts
OK, I can confirm it works again. Also the remote charge alerts finally can be set. The connection also seems to be quite a bit faster, which is welcome. So this seems to be a server problem indeed. That's a little strange, because you would expect that the Android app would use the same communication protocol.

· Registered
16 Posts
Hmm. Not working for me. Just trying to set an email charge complete alert gives me the server errors. Setting both text and email charge complete alerts looks like its working, but the waiting spinning wheel just goes on forever...

· Registered
125 Posts
So, this is the only to get it to work? I don't necessarily want to get a text alert at 3 or 4am when my Volt is finished charging. I'll give it a try and if I'm successful, maybe it'll let me shut off the text alert

Ok. Well. It seemed to have worked setting all alerts to both cell and email. Now however, I can't turn any of them off!

A text message at 12:15am. Oh joy.

· Registered
3,884 Posts
how to replace the app if you deleted it while waiting for it to return to the app store.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543

I am not sure GM removed it- it might have been pulled because so many people gave it a bad review :)

It worked the first time I tested it - the second time was when the login validations problems started.

the old version was still working on my other testing I-devices and I did the above to get the app back on one ipad-3 with ios6.

( No fair using the above to restore google maps-)

· Registered
6,863 Posts
yea not only do my alerts not work but I can't turn them off/on. Looks like their is more work to do.

· Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
My iPod is working this morning with the new OnStar version from a day or two ago. I just refreshed my Dashboard and then did a Remote start.

· Super Moderator
6,308 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
The Remote Link app works for me now on my iphone 4. I didn't delete it, just updated it to 1.6(703). Everything works including the alerts. Just tested it. As I watched my volt get completely charge, I received a text and an email saying it was complete! Next I will try to interrupt the charge and see if it will notify me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.