GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi !
I am one of the rare guys owning a Volt in Germany as i did not like the Ampera design :)
You mentioned step-by-step instructions to install the Webasto.
Could you be so kind to share it ?
I would like to install the Hollandia 300 in a few months..

THANKS,

Nils

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've added the rims, the window tint, the Black painted top and the sunroof. Not to mention the all weather Volt floor mat package...a necessity in Seattle. Highest e-mileage in a day = 53.
LOL!.. a sunroof in Seattle? Why? :p:p:p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Of the dozen or so times I've been to Seattle it's always been sunny. I think they just say it rains to keep people away. ��

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've rejoined the Volt Owners Forum after several years' hiatus, and am happy to report that I'm at least the second Seattle Gen 1 owner with a Webasto 322L sunroof expertly installed on my '13 Volt by Auto Trim Design Seattle. I'll post photos soon, but I have to say it's amazing--I feel like my five-year old Volt has taken on new life! Sadly, the OP's car was totaled at about the same time, so I may now very well have the only Volt in Seattle with a sunroof! (The OP is a friend, and I'm happy to report that there were no serious injuries.)
And...I'm working on other hacks, like wait4me's performance tune and other approaches to adding Android Auto, HD Radio and backup camera guidelines to my amazing 1st Gen Volt!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, if possible, help me get in touch with the owner of the Chevrolet volt who had a sunroof from the Seattle on the roof, I wrote to him in private messages, but as I understand it, he didn’t appear on the forum for a long time, if anyone has the opportunity, give me a vibe contact him or let him reply to a message in your account. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
18 Posts
So great! I have a 13 Volt I just bought and want to install a sunroof. Webasto installer locally say it can't be done (but I haven't pushed them yet). The link to the Hollandia 300 is now a 404 error. I'd love to hear from @Pistol Pete if his is still in good shape a few years out from install.

OP mentioned the manufacturer's website with step by step instructions...I'll go to Webasto next and will post if I find anything useful.

·
Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
47 Posts
Going in on Monday to get a quote to do the install of a Webasto Hollandia 311L in my Volt. The company locally has done them into Priuses, and they say it's not going to be an issue. Can't wait!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just realized now that while I was replacing the sunroof motor in my Mercedes E55 AMG that the components are also made by this same company, Webasto. So if its good enough for Mercedes to use as OE then should be fine for a Volt.

Any pics of the interior now with a roof installed in the Volt.
I second that request for an interior picture if possible :)

·
Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
47 Posts
Ok, the sunroof is getting installed. Hollandia 300 series with the hard shade. I'll get pics of the interior when done later this week. $1099 installed.

·
Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
47 Posts
Sunroof is done. Absolutely eliminated the buffeting that the car had with the windows open above about 25 mph. Looks and feels factory. LOVE it. Pics of it and the interior.

Reactions: vectormax

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Wow, that looks amazing! The installers did a fantastic job, it looks factory. And the price is very reasonable. (y)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts