GM Volt Forum banner

The NEW VOLT in pics!!! What do you think?

8K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  xiwang315 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Nice find. Wow... this car gets uglier and uglier. What a let down. The wind tunnel has beaten a very sexy, intriguing concept into a gel capsule. So much for kicking the Prius square in the battery box with styling. Actually the back looks much better than the front. This is not usually the case with most cars. Hard to believe that this comes from the same designer that did the Camero.

#6 ·
The car has been aero tuned to an excessive degree. It is just too darn smooth for my tastes. The more I look at it, the less I like it.

I just think that somewhere in this cars development, the designers lost control. It's not BAD looking, actually.

Its just not what many had expected to be the VOLT.

I think the biggest problem will be selling this car for $40,000.

I just don't think this design can support that price. Maybe $30K.

#8 ·
Hard to believe that this comes from the same designer that did the Camero.
Yea, I agree. I would not exactly call the car ugly though. It's a LOT better than what Toyota has. But still, it looks like every other non-descript sedan on the road today. Got'a check the badging to see what company makes it, let alone what country it's from. :(

I like the rear view better than the front, the black stripe below the windows is a nice touch, but I'd be $100 that it won't make it into production. The front, well, it looks like Chevy took a Camry, removed it's grill and put in something from a Malibu. I think they could have done better. NO, I know they can do better because I've seen the new Camaro, and I want one.

#9 ·
I think the concept version is sportier looking but I'll happily trade a little on the muscle car look for better range.

I wish it wasn't baby blue. Cherry red, burgandy, charcoal, white or green would have worked better from a PR standpoint. Maybe someone can photoshop the pics that are out and add a little hotness!

#10 ·
Way Better

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The original pics that I saw on this forum of the conceptual models looked just plain, well, weird. All I could think was not Aero and about 40 years retro. What are they thinking ?? Didn't they quit selling Camaros becuse they......... wouldn't sell ?? IMO, the further away it gets from the Camaro look, the better. This new car looks real, ready to go on the market. :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.