GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MyVolt.com has not failed in its entertainment value. Just check out the electric and combined economies during the last 30 days for my Volt:
Untitled.jpg

To put it in other terms, according to MyVolt.com my Volt's range is about one mile per full battery charge... If I show this to folks it will surely sell more Volts, don't you think?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes it has been said before, the kWh number on the site are totally broken, and apparently they know it but are yet to find a solution.

the problem I see, is that if the car is not recording the info properly, then there is no hope, it cannot suddenly remember. But if the car is recording properly , but the website is not managing the data properly, then there is hope a fix could recover the data.

At one point I did asked if this is a lost cause or if they have a chance to ever recover the proper information, but never heard back.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
And I thought mine was bad.

MyVolt-com.jpg

Well, at least we are still getting excellent gas mileage. ;)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I can't log in any longer, never mind looking at my stats!

Today is my once/mouth download of my charging information. Two month with zero data...it's broke.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That's interesting.

One time, about a year ago, my efficiency stats were way off for a few weeks. The kw-hr/100 miles was impossibly high -- like over 100.

And then again 8 days ago, it was only showing 66 total miles driven in the last 30 days, all of them electric, even though I drive ~800-1000 miles per month and I was definitely burning some gas during that time. And the electric efficiency of those 66 miles was listed as 46 kw-hr/100 miles -- significantly higher than I usually drive, even in the cold.

But today, it seems to be back to normal. It shows 799 total miles driven in the last 30 days, 91% on electric, and 35 kw-hr/100 miles. And I definitely didn't drive anywhere near 733 miles since it last displayed only 66 miles a 8 days ago.

Weird.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Good afternoon,

I certainly understand everyone's frustrations with the myvolt.com website. I would like to gather some information to send to our technicians, so hopefully they can better pinpoint the issues we're experiencing. If you are having issues with MyVolt.com, please send an email to [email protected], with the following information:

Subject line : Myvolt.com issue

Body : Please include your OnStar account number, your full VIN, and a brief description of the issue you're having (as well as how long it's been going on)

Thank you for your help in this matter! I look forward to hearing from you, and being able to offer a solution to some of these issues soon.

~Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sara, thank you. I sent the email, redacted copy is below:

Dear OnStar Advisor,

This email is in regard to the issues that I have been having with the MyVolt.com site and is in response to the GM-Volt forum posting by Sara requesting more information.

My OnStar account number is xxxxxxxxx

My Volt's VIN is xxxxxxxxxCU113514

I have experienced a few issues with the myvolt.com site for a while now:

1. Certain data is inaccurate such as the electric and combined efficiencies for the last 30 days;

2. Certain data is missing such as the electric and combined efficiencies for the vehicle lifetime, the mileage for the last few days (latest data is 4 days old);

3. The site or certain pages of the site are unreliable, load slowly, do not show data, or do not show up at all. For example the login session expires without warning and results in further errors;

4. The site appears to not be maintained as the latest news on it are almost two years old, it links to sites that are no longer there (i.e. chevroletvoltage.com), and the header links no longer work.

I use the latest release of the Firefox browser on Windows, Mac and Linux platfroms. I have used other browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari with the same issues.

Thank you for your attention,

vdiv
NPA-NXX-XXXX

·
Registered
407 Posts
MyVolt.com has not failed in its entertainment value. Just check out the electric and combined economies during the last 30 days for my Volt:
View attachment 47993

To put it in other terms, according to MyVolt.com my Volt's range is about one mile per full battery charge... If I show this to folks it will surely sell more Volts, don't you think?
Hi All
Well at least yours work I get nothing but dashes and can not communicate with your volt try again.

Thanks
Don

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts