GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't fully latch your rear hatch...then drive home from the store at under 35 mph...and count the number of audible dings and beeps from your car horn...:rolleyes:

Then try it with the rear hatch fully closed but your seat belt unhooked...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Still learning mine. While driving yesterday morning I kept getting chimes but no dash lights or messages. I then moved my collapsible (and very lightweight) windshield sunshade from the front passenger seat ... the chimes stopped. Is it really that sensitive to weight?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Still learning mine. While driving yesterday morning I kept getting chimes but no dash lights or messages. I then moved my collapsible (and very lightweight) windshield sunshade from the front passenger seat ... the chimes stopped. Is it really that sensitive to weight?
Yes, yes it is.

2014 Volt Premium - Safety pkg 1 and 2, Navigation

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Yes, yes it is.

2014 Volt Premium - Safety pkg 1 and 2, Navigation
And to capacitance, which means if that sunshield has a shiny back, that'll contribute to the problem. People have even reported cellphones sitting on the seat setting it off.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Don't fully latch your rear hatch...then drive home from the store at under 35 mph...and count the number of audible dings and beeps from your car horn...:rolleyes:

Then try it with the rear hatch fully closed but your seat belt unhooked...
Well when some people are stupid enough that there has to be a campaign to tell them not to text and drive, etc. You get more and more idiot resistant features designed into cars and stuff.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I would guess the hatch-open alarms are required by the legal departments based on some case where a driver let exhaust fumes enter a car, and then successfully sued the car manufacturer. I doubt GM actually wants to be anyone's nanny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts