GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The L1 Charger...keep the lease one or the one from my "new" used 2013 Volt?

Hey all--

I have to return my 2013 lease shortly (base Volt). It's been a great car, but USBank wanted too much for it for me to buy it from them.

Instead, I purchased a used 2013 Volt (with upgrades); it had two previous owners (the second owner I know only had the 120V charger for the year he had it).

For my lease, the first year I had access to a 240V charger in my house's garage. Then, I used the 120V charger for the next two years because I moved to a rental.

1. Do these 120V chargers for the 2013 model years have any issues OR are they pretty robust? In other words, is there a way to tell the health of these gadgets?

2. Should I keep my lease charger with my new "used" vehicle (i.e., I know where it's been and how it has been used) or just don't worry about it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

* Ian *

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
There's probably no way to tell if one is near death, but it makes sense to keep the one you have used, assuming you treated it well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If it has shiny screws in the back it is a Clipper Creek. If not give it away.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Keep the clipper creek unit, they're most reliable.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
I have to return my 2013 lease shortly (base Volt). It's been a great car, but USBank wanted too much for it for me to buy it from them..

* Ian *
You know, others have reported being able to buy their volts from US bank for far less than the original residual buyout price. It just takes some tough negotiating and finding someone on the other end of the phone line with s brain cell,

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Shouldn't the charger that came with the leased 2013 go back with the leased car? I mean, I'd expect that they'd charge you for it if it were missing, just like they'd charge you if you returned another car without a spare tire that came with one.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Shouldn't the charger that came with the leased 2013 go back with the leased car? I mean, I'd expect that they'd charge you for it if it were missing, just like they'd charge you if you returned another car without a spare tire that came with one.
If you reread the original post, the OP has two 2013s, on returning on lease, the other just purchased, and is trying to figure out which variant of an EVSE is better. But without physically seeing them it's like flipping a coin.

·
Registered
348 Posts
make sure the L1 that came with the car doesn't have the vin number on the voltec unit, some cars came from the factory that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts