GM Volt Forum banner

The age of true transportation, is it really here?

• The cost of insurance is way to high plus gas and repairs are unsightly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never wanted to learn how to drive I just leach off of others who take time off to get ahead.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The use of fuel in an electric vehicle is, "stupendous". Although the fuel is electric I believe a fuel of wind could be used underneath the vehicle in a large lightweight fan built so that the air does not regulate friction but uses the potential wind used to flow through a capacity into a pocket of vacuum, suck and turn horizontal styled power energizer.

Turn the fan the other way! Then use it to power while at rest on top of the car. Light weight Fan recharge for the battery while at rest. The fan turns from the bottom out of the back and into the air.

Thank you, the guy from turnpark
"A little at a time"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Either do fossil fuels darth420

no design team has to prove if it works while on the road, but at rest you wouldn't even need a depot! It's not a cooling fan like the one you buy now. Or the one on the hills. It's built differently, about the air intake, almost like a hovercraft. But it is turned steep into glide. The fan is inside of the bell and is focused into the bowel of the wind, tornado like pressure, not glide or friction turned, sorry. Pressure turned, the fan doesn't touch the passing aerodynamics.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The extra drag more than offsets the energy you can generate with a wind turbine. Maybe someone will invent thin-film solar car paint soon, that's almost as cool.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It took me several reads through your posts to get what you were thinking about, but now I got it. The problem is, once you open up a passage way for air to move from the high pressure zone outside the car to the low pressure zone under the car so that you can turn your turbine, you have just created what is called induction drag. So it's not free energy. If you were using very efficient intake and exhaust ports, you might be able to recoup a tiny bit of energy, but I think it would be much less than what you could get with just a solar panel on the roof. More than likely, once you factor in the additional weight for ducting and turbine as well as cabling + induction drag the net result would be running at a loss.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's thermodynamics, it's impossible to get free energy. Even with a 99.9% efficient turbine system you would have net energy loss plus extra weight. Regenerative breaking is the closest thing you can get to free energy. That's just recapturing some of the energy used to accelerate the car when you brake.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
T A N S T A A F L Revisited

To paraphrase: "There Ain't No Such Thing As Free Energy".

If you think you've found a way to make free energy, it just means your mathematical model is incomplete. Go back and take some physics courses.

If you haven't taken any physics courses, maybe you should reconsider posting your "free energy" ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Free energy, Witricity and Solar induction.

A car powered with the generator of a style like the Witricity "wireless electricity" can be useless just as a person with a imagination used for expelling thought. I enjoy the fact that I can see down the road, and the sky has a lot to do with how a car moves. With out a sense of balance in an atmosphere there are three things the sky uses for its own purpose; 1. air/void tissue 2. water 3. gas

The modern hypnosis of meta and/or physical sciences are just getting through the prejudice days of island therapy.

Taking a course only shows what might be along the lines of what is acceptable, by today's standards nothing should be acknowledged as accepted.

Lastly, as a child in 1986 when I was going through fourth grade I was drawing a picture with my free time, it was a car that ran on polluted air. I'm not sure what that has to do with what the article was about. But so to say, people as always introduce new problems with their own science out of a lecture hall that doesn't belong in the business of car dealing. Dealers are worms with money, and I'll be begging for a new type of car in two years. They aren't giving them away for free and neither will I sacrifice my ideas of storms on the newly released Geo Storm. Either will I discuss further on the Volt, but why is it called the Volt?

Someday other people including the participle will be cooperating with society in ways that could create wisdom in the smallest of raindrops. CC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts