GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78728.html

The waves of antiVolt blogs, emails and comment rants are escalating. In these final months, weeks, days and yes hours leading up to the election- 2012, the POLITICAL WONKS have determined that with the "slowly" recoverinig economy, the lagging underemployment and the National Debt, after the most severe world financial collapse of 07, 08 and 09, since the Great Depression, the current administrations defined vunerability is the D.O.E. investment in Green Energy.

PHEV, PEV, EREV, Wind, Solar, the list goes on of green investing that the previouse administratation and the current one have pumped into American Industry through The Department of Energy initives to move away from conventional energy sources.

This wonderful forum has been filled lately with examples of attacks apon our beloved Amazing Chevy Volt EREV. The truth is that this has been going on for years. Now it has become intense and will become more so as the election comes down to the wire.

Right or wrong the idea is that investing tax payer dollars in American generated New Source Energy and Electromobility is the root of the current deficit, unemployment and fiscal underperformance.

Remember, this is nothing new. These political wars have been going on since the birth of the Republic-

A million talking heads, bloggers, political driven websites, YouTube Videos, scathing chain mail attacks and Capital Hill actions are intensifying and will stun all of us as this November approaches.

"The Big Oil Empire Strikes Back"

I will direct your attention to the Capitol hill antiClean Energy Front-

This from the ongoing House action on the Hill to defund the Department of Energy sustainability initiative.

“No More Solyndras Act”

This folks will eventually include EV Fed initiatives. Remember EV hostile Cadillac Dealer and Pennsylvania Rep (R) Mike Kelly.

( google: Mike kelly Volt )

"The GOP infighting was not lost on The Wall Street Journal editorial board, which lambasted the Republican lawmakers who have raised concerns about the bill, calling out Texas Reps. Joe Barton and Michael Burgess and Georgia’s Phil Gingrey by name.

“Republicans will be fiscal frauds if they renew the very money-losing energy programs they attacked Barack Obama for,” the WSJ wrote in an editorial that appeared online Wednesday night and in print Thursday. “When the next Solyndra goes bankrupt, voters will have more than Mr. Obama to blame.”

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...60619821248.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_AboveLEFTTop

Sources on and off Capitol Hill said the editorial made waves on the committee.

GOP energy and environmental adviser Mike McKenna said the editorial was both a surprise and a wake-up call to those who have been "wandering" on the issue.

The editorial "held up a mirror" to what was happening internally among the panel’s Republicans, and people didn't like what they saw, he said.

"There's no doubt that it helped," McKenna said. "Sometimes you need to see yourself like other people see it. That was one of those moments."

Several hours after the editorial ran, Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Ky.) announced that Republicans were postponing a planned Thursday vote in the Energy and Power Subcommittee on the “No More Solyndras Act” so that lawmakers would have enough time to review the 15 amendments offered to the bill. Whitfield said two Republican and 13 Democratic amendments were filed as of Thursday."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78728.html

Solyndra is not just a failed start up due to the 2/3rds drop in the retail cost of solar in the last 3 years due to proven Chineese product dumping, it is now the clarion call of those opposing Green Investment, promotion of electromobility and energy independence.

Do all of these actions affect this amazing car in my driveway?

MY Amazing Chevy Volt Extended Range Electric Vehicle that since March of this year I have driven over 5,500 miles on 3 1/2 gallons of gas and about a buck a day electric cost?

Do all these actions affect the mindset ot the customer base that may NOT come into my store to drive, lease and buy this Extended Range Electric Vehicle?

Do all these actions and the actions that are sure to come even effect my aging Parents now after being inundated with Volt attack chain mails just bacause they follow the news letters of the concervative Hillsdale College in Michigan?

You bet your sweet Voltec butt they do!

I do NOT know how to extract my product from the attack dawgs that are hammering it in every corner of the blogisphere, cyberspace, mass media and chain emaildome but I will say this...

Get online!

Respond with facts, information, weblinks, peronal testamonies and TELL YOUR STORIES!

Reply to the antiVolt attacks, web news stories attack comments, chain emails, even certain new member of this forum and lets us get the word out!

Remember, all politics aside, rational, educated and intelligent people read, hear, watch and see this stuff everywhere. They must hear, see and be told OUR SIDE-

.............and this must be done on a masive scale. RELENTLESS-

Election wars or not...

LEAVE MY VOLT OUT OF IT!

Thomas J. Thias

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Get a life outside of your car

"..filled lately with examples of attacks apon our beloved Amazing Chevy Volt EREV"
What? I own a Volt and find this pathetic. It is a car! "Our beloved amazing volt"? Simply depressing to see anyone care that much about a car. It is a car. A thing, an inanimate object. A bucket of bolts.

I love my Volt. Awesome car. Engineering unlike no other. It is a technological tour de force. Fun to drive. Safe. Well built. I have waited decades for a car like the Volt. But for someone to write "our beloved Amazing Chevy Volt EREV"? I am ready to throw up.

Are we back in High School defending our school against some other school? As a Volt owner, no an owner of "our beloved Amazing Chevy Volt EREV" this sounds like "get a life" moment. It is a car. Will professional help or counseling make a difference with this adolescent obsession? How about a 12 step program? I would expect this from a bunch of pubescent adolescents. But not from a mature, fully functioning adult. Why not start a collection to build a Volt shrine where we could have yearly pilgrimages to celebrate our "Voltness and be one with our Volt". Sounds like I have joined a cult, an Evangelical movement with thumping the Volt bible and declaring fire and brimstone will fall upon ye less ye repent your anti-Volt beliefs and accept the teachings of our Father Volt , our savior who has delivered us from the evil of demon oil".

This is the twilight zone.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Meanwhile.... The poor little oil companies beg the US government for more subsidies while reporting record profits an paying record dividends to shareholders. It's a great business for billionaires. Take money from the taxpayer and shovel it into shareholders bank accounts as fast as they can.

Every time I see Rush Limbaugh on TV talking about the Volt he is practically drooling black oil from the petroleum cash pipelines that are shoved up his A$$.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
America1st here

Right on the money. Too many stand by while politicians play the oil card. We send $400 billion, that's BILLION every single year to enemies of our values, state, culture, freedoms, religious tolerance. And what do our politicians do? Some do what these Anti-American snake oil, and I emphasize oil, salesman. WE NEED AMERICAN ENERGY SOURCES. Plain and simple. Imagine that $400 BILLION translating into American jobs. Every 20 Billion equates to 1,000,000 jobs. Do the math. Now, add another $2 trillion we spent in Iraq alone. I know, me and my wife both served during both wars. Crazy, absolutely nutty priorities. We could BUY every American looking for a car and Electric Vehicle and still be hundreds of billions ahead of the game.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
montgom626:"Sounds like I have joined a cult"

You are offensive and obnoxious. Shut UP! -10

You may think of yourself as writing about 'just a car', but the Volt is about a PRINCIPLE- NOT USING OIL!! Whether you don't want to use oil because of the environment, trade deficits, national security or silent driving, that is a matter of preference. However, being a retired military officer and former Republican, I can verify that politics is NOT what it used to be. I really have tried to see if I can view this objectively, and I think I can- mostly because the field of GOP candidates almost universally reversed their stance on climate change over the last few years. While droughts, floods and wildfires run rampant, and half our corn crop fades to dust, the venom spewing continues. We can love the Volt just because it stands for something, and it is something that the right wing uses lies and hatred to fight against. Your attack on this thread writer is PERSONAL, and WAY out of context. It does not belong here.

1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What? I own a Volt and find this pathetic. It is a car! "Our beloved amazing volt"? Simply depressing to see anyone care that much about a car. It is a car. A thing, an inanimate object. A bucket of bolts.

[...]I am ready to throw up.

[...]It is a car. Will professional help or counseling make a difference with this adolescent obsession? How about a 12 step program? I would expect this from a bunch of pubescent adolescents. But not from a mature, fully functioning adult. Why not start a collection to build a Volt shrine where we could have yearly pilgrimages to celebrate our "Voltness and be one with our Volt". Sounds like I have joined a cult, an Evangelical movement with thumping the Volt bible and declaring fire and brimstone will fall upon ye less ye repent your anti-Volt beliefs and accept the teachings of our Father Volt , our savior who has delivered us from the evil of demon oil".

This is the twilight zone.
hmmmmmm. . . ... ... .... ..... .. ...

Basic Information
About montgom626

Volt Owner:
Yes

Statistics

Total Posts: 102

Posts Per Day:

General Information
Last Activity: 7 Minutes Ago

hmmmmmmmmmm ...... ... ................ .. .... ....

.......kinda like, naw, can't be... .......... ..........A Jerry Mahoney Dummy on the lap of.......naw, can't be......

...........GLEN BECK? WHAT? ..........a sock puppet on the hand of Lou Dobbs?

100 POSTS IN 10 DAYS? We know where the string is comming from................

......... another sleeper-

by by

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I think everyone has a right to speak on this Forum... But we also need to be respectful and avoid personal attacks. Logging onto the Chevy Volt Forum and criticizing a member because they express enthusiastic comments about the Volt is questionable.

Let's be civilized people. We all have great enthusiasm for a great car. This is the place to express it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Every time I see Rush Limbaugh on TV talking about the Volt he is practically drooling black oil from the petroleum cash pipelines that are shoved up his A$$.
Whoa, this is quite an image- not sure I will be able to get this one out of my head. The "round mound of sound" was an ugly little paleolithic liar (er, sorry, "entertainer") before. But now "drooling oil"? I love it (except it make me want to gag a little more, even then I think of him).

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

Not to be too melodramatic, but the emotions that go along with the anti-big oil sentiments are a bit reminiscent of the politics of the 1850s. If you go back and read the history books, you will find interesting parallels. The economy of this country is lubricated by fossil fuels (the parallel is slavery in the south). When you threaten someone's pocket book, you make them angry. If you try to tell them that HOW they fill that pocket book is wrong, they get even more angry. What made the Northerners angry was when the Supreme Court ruled that they had to downgrade their principles and treat runaway slaves as property, returning them to their 'rightful' owners. Of course, we now have a Supreme Court that rules that corporations are people and enables those corporations to use profit motive to finance campaigns of lies and slander. It was easier to fight a unified Civil War in those days because of geography. Currently, we provide a physically-separating and anonymity-maintaining Internet to allow anybody with a keyboard to be as deceitful and hateful as possible. Big Oil (and the fossil fuel industries, in general), like Slavery, doesn't concern itself with human suffering- profits are all that counts. Between the threats to climate, the decimated Appalacian landscapes, the black lung, the Gulf Oil spills, if this were ANY other product, we would have banned it from our lives long ago. But like those Southerners, we just CAN'T face eliminating something that threatens our livelihoods, no matter how repugnant it is. God help us all.

"But, as it is, we have the wolf by the ear, and we can neither hold him, nor safely let him go. Justice is in one scale, and self-preservation in the other."
- Thomas Jefferson to John Holmes, (discussing slavery and the Missouri question), Monticello, 22 April 1820
If you can't see the parallel, you miss the age old admonishment- 'those who don't study history are destined to repeat it'.

·
Registered
923 Posts
What? I own a Volt and find this pathetic. It is a car!

It's not 'just a car'..................it's a 'political punching bag' and I don't think anyone on this forum can be blamed for that.

Now, the fellow at Sundance is possibly feeling the vibrations of that 'political punching bag'???

·
Registered
805 Posts
We're all red blooded Americans - we LOVE our cars! That is why there as so many cars in the USA - most using up gas too fast. There is nothing wrong with wanting a car that is as good as the volt that lightens the gas used. I'm still working on getting a Volt, until then my beloved Solstice turbo will comfort me. :)

PS: Really, if you are on a forum about a specific car - you love that car. Go to a Corvette forum and call them pathetic for loving their Vettes so much!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
PS: Really, if you are on a forum about a specific car - you love that car. Go to a Corvette forum and call them pathetic for loving their Vettes so much!
Not a problem. Loving a car at the cult level is still not playing with a full deck.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You have been up Limbaugh's rear? Now that is pathetic. And a bit strange. Me, I am glad Uncle Sam shoved $7500 up my behind, although you may not look no matter how much you ask. I am into cults, but looking up my rear cult is where I draw the line. As long as we all are getting something rammed up our rears, whatever it takes to keep us happy. Sorry, got to throw up.

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I own a Volt and find this pathetic. It is a car! "Our beloved amazing volt"? Simply depressing to see anyone care that much about a car. It is a car. A thing, an inanimate object. A bucket of bolts.

I love my Volt. Awesome car.
Whoa. Our beloved = loved by many. A little on the gushy side perhaps, but you (and I) actually agree with him. You love your Volt, so do I. It's pretty common to see people say they love their Volt.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It is called "Volt Love".

Whoa. Our beloved = loved by many. A little on the gushy side perhaps, but you (and I) actually agree with him. You love your Volt, so do I. It's pretty common to see people say they love their Volt.

It is called "Volt Love". Not yet in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), but I know they are working on it.

PS Maybe I can get my insurance to pay for my treatment under the diagnosis of Object sexuality or objectum sexuality, in German Objektophilie "is a pronounced emotional and often romantic desire towards developing significant relationships with particular inanimate objects. " This is not the same as Paraphilia, so don't go there.

Sorry, I need to throw up! :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
montgom626 you stated: "Not a problem. Loving a car at the cult level is still not playing with a full deck."

You're not playing with a full deck? You also stated earlier "I love my Volt." Guess you are in a cult. :)

Anyways, I just stated loving a car, not to a cult status, though those who go to forums for their cars usually love them more than those who do not go to their specific car forums. Usually. Not sure if you've ever made a positive post about the car here.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I am part of a cult!

You also stated earlier "I love my Volt." Guess you are in a cult. :)
I love my volt. You nailed me. What can I say? It is such a cool car. I am part of a cult! Well, at least we don't sacrifice virgins or anything weird like that. :) We Volt lovers are a good cult, right?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thomas, you are a great evangelist for the Volt, and a terrific salesman. Keep up the excellent work!

·
Banned
289 Posts
I love my volt. You nailed me. What can I say? It is such a cool car. I am part of a cult! Well, at least we don't sacrifice virgins or anything weird like that. :) We Volt lovers are a good cult, right?
You deride people for loving their car and you're commenting on a forum for people who love their car? You see the irony, no?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts