GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
66 Posts

The all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid matches your spirit of adventure. The best road tripping 7-passenger hybrid out there, it boasts the most cargo capacity of any hybrid with its Stow n' Go® seating and a 566-mile total driving range.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Except you're rolling in a minivan. My family has standing orders to shoot me if I buy a minivan. My spirit of adventure is something like an i8 or NSX, an ev Jeep for off-roading, or a hybrid Subyukonade to fit 7

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I actually saw a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid recently. It was parked, charging, next to a Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid. I was effectively charge blocked from using free Level II charging by two of the least common PIHV. This is going to be a common occurrence as more EVs and PIHV are sold.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There are a few at my local dealer, fully loaded models too. My wife says the black looks like something you see leading a funeral. Looks like I won't be owning a black one at least!

In Canada, you cannot build and price on the website. It keeps taking me to the non-hybrid version so looks like I have to visit the dealer to play with pricing.

The minivan idea only appeals to me as a vacation cruiser. When you are taking a road trip, the space is always nice. Other than that, it is a big vehicle to be moving around. Of course, if you stay within the range it is pretty carefree driving.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
There are a few at my local dealer, fully loaded models too. My wife says the black looks like something you see leading a funeral. Looks like I won't be owning a black one at least!

In Canada, you cannot build and price on the website. It keeps taking me to the non-hybrid version so looks like I have to visit the dealer to play with pricing.

The minivan idea only appeals to me as a vacation cruiser. When you are taking a road trip, the space is always nice. Other than that, it is a big vehicle to be moving around. Of course, if you stay within the range it is pretty carefree driving.
Unless you've got rugrats to haul around on a daily basis, getting a minivan for only vacations is silly, just rent one during the two the three weeks out of the year that you need one.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I have seen up close the gas version Pacifica at local car shows. My wife loves the layout and driving position. I showed her how easy the middle seats fold to stow in the floor (the sales woman did that completely quicker than I did!), and all the space that it has inside.

But we have no children nor grand children, so we have no need for it. For those who do need one, go and get it!!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I have seen up close the gas version Pacifica at local car shows. My wife loves the layout and driving position. I showed her how easy the middle seats fold to stow in the floor (the sales woman did that completely quicker than I did!), and all the space that it has inside.

But we have no children nor grand children, so we have no need for it. For those who do need one, go and get it!!
Plus, that stowed seating is where the battery for the hybrids lives. You're stuck unlatching and hauling the middle seat out by hand, like some kind of Neanderthal...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts