As the reveal approaches, here’s everything we know about the 2019 Silverado:
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado will be available in Regular Cab, Double Cab and Crew Cab configurations.
- Eight different variants will launch for 2019. One of them is the off-road capable LT Trailboss shown at Texas Motor Speedway.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado will feature a striking design, including the projector headlamps and curved LED accents caught previously in spy shots. It has a muscular hood and body with bold fenders and curved wheel wells. The rear tailgate features “Chevrolet” stamped from end-to-end.
- There will be more engine and transmission combinations than ever before.
- Powertrains could include new turbocharged four-cylinder and V6 engines. Updated versions of the V6 and V8 engines in current models are also expected.
- The light-duty Silverado 1500 will be available with a diesel engine.
- A mild hybrid or plug-in hybrid version is possible.
- The 2019 Silverado is expected to use the 10-speed automatic transmission developed in tandem with Ford. It is already in use on some GMC models and comes standard on the Cadillac Escalade and Ford F-150 pickups.
- The bed of the truck is made of a high-grade steel alloy to reduce weight and increase fuel economy and towing capacity. The Silverado will not follow the aluminum beds found in current Ford F-Series trucks.
- Chevrolet could introduce the industry’s first carbon fiber bed in the future, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Many parts of the 2019 Silverado cabin are expected to be made from aluminum, including the doors.
- The powertrains and construction of the 2019 Silverado will likely be similar in its GMC Sierra luxury sibling.
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is expected to go on sale in the second half of 2018.