GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else in both clubs? I realized I'm in the 300 MPG club as well as hit 10,000 EV miles. Looking back 10 months ago, I was hoping for about 180-200 mpg but the charger at work was a game changer....About 91% electric. 320 MPG....

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Congrats!. I will be joining you, but I still have 8000 EV miles to go :)

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
We are there between the pair of Volts both over 300 mpg in fact in the last 6000 miles the wife is at 2.4 gallons.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I easily have 10,000 but the 3,660 mile trip to NY from FL killed my percent since it was mostly gas. Still was the right choice over the other car we have.....

I do get above 250 routinely.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep! 340+ MPG and 16,000+ EV miles.

With that said, I'm thinking about selling the car. While I immensely enjoy driving it I read on a right wing website that it's really just a glorified golf cart. Those people writing about the Volt on those websites seem very confident in their opinion and I'm starting to think they know more about the Volt than I do even though I own one and have followed it for a couple of years before I bought it. From what I gather, Obama was also a key team member along with Lutz, Lauckner, Farah, Posawatz, et al to bring the Volt to life and therefore I KNOW that this car must suck! :p

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
10567 EV miles, 302mpg. My wife will be driving a lot today, so it will be iffy staying in the club.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wish OnStar would display mpg above 250. I will have to go to the car, switch to metric, then convert l/100km to mpg.
If you're not already, go register on VoltStats.net (it uses your OnStar login) and it'll give you your "true" MPG, among other stats.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Anyone else in both clubs? I realized I'm in the 300 MPG club as well as hit 10,000 EV miles. Looking back 10 months ago, I was hoping for about 180-200 mpg but the charger at work was a game changer....About 91% electric. 320 MPG....

MrEnergyCzar
A quick check of Voltstats shows there are several others. Just sort by EV miles and you can easily see those with MPGs more than 300.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'm at 2,478 mpg and 12,000+ EV miles, 139 ICE miles, 98.9% EV. I have gone my last 8,000 miles or so without using any gas (except for EMM burns) since Feb 12.

3,608 Posts
@ MrEnergyCzar,

Congratulations on the 10,000/300 milestone! Definitely an impressive accomplishment!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, I wish I could be apart of the 300MPG club... but living in Southern California, where everything is so far apart, has me driving all over the place. I'm currently at 2482 miles and have a lifetime avg of 109 MPG. (Had to drive the car to LA from Vegas, where I got the car. That hurt my lifetime mileage.)

If my voltstats.net info stays the same over the last month and a half, then I should be around 235 MPG lifetime at 10K miles. (Last month, I got 271 MPG! I posted a picture on my facebook timeline that startled a bunch of my republican friends.)

My projected stats should read like this at 10K miles:

Projected EV miles: 8506.76
Total miles: 10K
Projected EV Percentage: 85%
Projected gallons used: 42.63
Projected lifetime MPG: 235.29

I'm right at the number Chevy said I would be. What's funny is I never thought these numbers would be possible!

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1156

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm sitting at 8310EV miles right now, and about 229mpg. I may make it by the time I hit 10000EV miles. Depends on how many trips we take between now and then. I do have my charge point card though, so at least when we hit up Richmond & DC I can use the chargers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep! 340+ MPG and 16,000+ EV miles.

With that said, I'm thinking about selling the car. While I immensely enjoy driving it I read on a right wing website that it's really just a glorified golf cart. Those people writing about the Volt on those websites seem very confident in their opinion and I'm starting to think they know more about the Volt than I do even though I own one and have followed it for a couple of years before I bought it. From what I gather, Obama was also a key team member along with Lutz, Lauckner, Farah, Posawatz, et al to bring the Volt to life and therefore I KNOW that this car must suck! :p

Hilarious. I'll just go sell mine as well since nobody believes me when I say its my all time favorite car...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I will never make this club... I'm i the 120s for MPG as I frequently drive long distances.

However, I will eventually hit 10k EV miles. And I will get 65 miles on a charge, home to home, later this year when i don't need to run the A/C nonstop. I have a new driving strategy that I think should help me hit that 65 ... that'll be fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts