GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual is vague and I don't seem to get any sort of alerts when I receive a text. I've tried connecting via cable and Bluetooth, nothing. I use an iPhone if it means anything.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You need to set up the OnStar RemoteLink app on your smartphone first (you need an OnStar account). Then on the home screen of that app select 'Vehicle Status', then 'Notification Settings' in the middle of the screen. You can then set the various options for text alerts to your smartphone (Apple or Android). This is nothing to do with connecting to your Volt via cable or Bluetooth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The manual is vague and I don't seem to get any sort of alerts when I receive a text. I've tried connecting via cable and Bluetooth, nothing. I use an iPhone if it means anything.
On your iPhone, go to settings -> bluetooth and tap the (i) next to Chevrolet MyLink. Then turn on Show Notifications and you'll be able to receive text messages through the radio when connected by bluetooth. When connected through a cable, CarPlay will instead notify you of messages if you've enabled CarPlay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to set up the OnStar RemoteLink app on your smartphone first (you need an OnStar account). Then on the home screen of that app select 'Vehicle Status', then 'Notification Settings' in the middle of the screen. You can then set the various options for text alerts to your smartphone (Apple or Android). This is nothing to do with connecting to your Volt via cable or Bluetooth.
Should have been clearer this is the app on the screen I was referring to, not the OnStar text alert function. My mistake, but thanks anyway!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On your iPhone, go to settings -> bluetooth and tap the (i) next to Chevrolet MyLink. Then turn on Show Notifications and you'll be able to receive text messages through the radio when connected by bluetooth. When connected through a cable, CarPlay will instead notify you of messages if you've enabled CarPlay.
Thanks! The missing piece to the puzzle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts