GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I will need to get a toll tag. Is there something I should know about the mounting location? I didn't notice before but there is a black box that the mirror is mounted to. Maybe just to the left (if one is sitting in the drive seat) and behind the rear view mirror.

I seem to recall there was some issues with toll tag mounting. What are youse guys doing?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would mount it just to the right of the mirror as you're sitting in the driver's seat (so on the passenger side). This will keep it out of your view more. The instructions on the Toll Tag state this is the preferred location.

I doubt the Volt has a metalized front window, that's typically only on really expensive luxury cars, and even then it's pretty rare (like $100k+ BMW 7 series and Merc S classes can have this problem).

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Use some removable tape to test the location you plan to use for the Toll Tag to ensure the toll reader can register the tag when you drive through the toll gate before you permanently attach the tag to the vehicle's windshield.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I mounted mine 1/2" below the block box behind the rear view mirror. Works fine.

The toll tags are no longer squarei; mine is perhaps an inch tall by 3 inches wide, so it doesn't interfere with forward vision.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Some place there is a (?) drive by tester ( tag store ) but I had mine in the storage box on the dash but have only use it once at DFW airport for parking

-------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts