GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I never thought much of this car. It doesn't deserve the hype. It's expensive. Its claimed fuel consumption is a hopeless distortion of the facts. It's late to market. It's won awards it doesn't deserve. It's an overblown Cruze."

"By the time I returned to the Sheraton and plugged it back in for a recharge, after just 80 kilometres literally around town, I'd made up my mind: it's a gamechanger, and it's my car of the year."

http://www.wheels.ca/article/798372

Sounds like he had fell under the anti-volt spell of Edmunds and Consumer Reports, but a test drive snapped him back to reality. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great article......and he is aware that others publicly chastise the car for nothing more than ridiculous political reasons.

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Registered
274 Posts
excellent article, but truth be told...we all know that electricity is not free and the cost of recharging does indeed figure into the cost per mile of the Volt. That being said, in the two months i have had my Volt, we have spent $70 on electricity instead of $200 in gasoline that we would have used in our Rav4. No matter how you look at it, the numbers still work! We are very pleased to have made the Volt decision.
Stuart #2209

3,600 Posts
@Steverino,

Great article. You are probably right about him being under that spell. I think it's great we have converted another one!

·
Registered
357 Posts
@Steverino,

Great article. You are probably right about him being under that spell. I think it's great we have converted another one!
Hey Trevor, could you float it up the chain to see if us Volt owners could get some kinda data where we see where we rank amongst other Volt owners when it comes to gas consumption? On the one hand I can see how GM would like to see this kept close to the vest. On the other hand I'm guessing all your competitors already have bought the Volt and are checking it out. I would just love to see a distribution curve on the average MPG per Volt owner and where I am on the curve. I'm personally at around 350 mpg but that pales in comparison to what some are achieving. Let me know what you hear, please?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hey Trevor, could you float it up the chain to see if us Volt owners could get some kinda data where we see where we rank amongst other Volt owners when it comes to gas consumption? On the one hand I can see how GM would like to see this kept close to the vest. On the other hand I'm guessing all your competitors already have bought the Volt and are checking it out. I would just love to see a distribution curve on the average MPG per Volt owner and where I am on the curve. I'm personally at around 350 mpg but that pales in comparison to what some are achieving. Let me know what you hear, please?
Does this have some of what you are looking for? http://crichton.sacknet.org/volt/

·
Registered
213 Posts
Like I keep saying to all the disbelievers, drive it before you trash it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts