·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now Tesla needs to propose a similar deal to trump for Puerto Rico's power grid reconstruction...:)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I hope it works. There are several pilot projects in SoCal but I haven't heard how they have turned out.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
How is Tesla going to get paid for the project? I thought PR was dirt poor and had no monies for rebuilding.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is Tesla going to get paid for the project? I thought PR was dirt poor and had no monies for rebuilding.
Oh, there will be relief money made available by Congress...and Tesla will definitely bill PR for the work...and corporations always seem to get money for work done even if it takes a while...they just put an interest accumulation clause in the contract...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bloomberg reported from an event commemorating the signing that Musk said half the battery capacity was already in place, meaning that barring any catastrophes the company should easily be able to complete it in time for the January 7 deadline. The event, by the way, was powered entirely from the installed Powerpacks.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/10/teslas-100-days-to-fix-sas-power-actually-started-last-friday/
Oops...In a January 4, 2017 blog post, Tesla announced:

Today at the Gigafactory, Tesla and Panasonic begin mass production of lithium-ion battery cells, which will be used in Tesla’s energy storage products and Model 3.

And yet, Tesla is using Samsung cells in its South Australia energy storage project.

·
Registered
657 Posts
And who in their right mind would want to make a deal with Donald Trump?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Oops...In a January 4, 2017 blog post, Tesla announced:

Today at the Gigafactory, Tesla and Panasonic begin mass production of lithium-ion battery cells, which will be used in Tesla’s energy storage products and Model 3.

And yet, Tesla is using Samsung cells in its South Australia energy storage project.
(In the most "ebullient" way possible) What does Tesla care who makes the cells? They don't. All they do is package them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts