1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
COOL! Now I want someone to tell me how much the race cost to run for each vehicle. How many cents in electricity versus how many cents (or dollars??) of gasoline. You measure the time difference in hundredths of seconds. Something tells me it's a different decimal for a monetary measure.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
COOL! Now I want someone to tell me how much the race cost to run for each vehicle. How many cents in electricity versus how many cents (or dollars??) of gasoline. You measure the time difference in hundredths of seconds. Something tells me it's a different decimal for a monetary measure.
Guess the NHRA will have to add that as a determining factor at the track.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
This is a 5 seat Sedan vs. a 2 seat Sports car and it is a dead heat. How much heavier is the Model S?

How about an apples-to-apples comparison, like Corvette vs. Tesla Roadster? Something tells me the Corvette would go crying home to Momma...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Its not how fast you go, it's how you go fast.

Sure the Tesla was just a hair faster and won, but don't discount the "Yee-haw" factor. Its just fun to have a snorting, noisy, tire burning engine under the command of your right foot. It excites the Macismo. If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand.

Also... It's the hot chick factor. i would be shocked if after a night of trolling the guy with the Tesla gets more women. I dont mean high quality women to take home to mom. I mean shallow, young, hot women that you likely met during a lap dance and who know enough to leave when the sun comes up.

And, speaking of Gold Digging. The Tesla costs twice as much, shouldn't it be twice as fast?

Bottom line....Theres a reason Corvette keeps coming up on this forum...usually as watermark to hold everything else up to.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

Sure the Tesla was just a hair faster and won, but don't discount the "Yee-haw" factor. Its just fun to have a snorting, noisy, tire burning engine under the command of your right foot. It excites the Macismo. If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand.
You can have the sound, I'd rather have the sensation of 100% torque at 0rpm, combined with the instantaneous response of the throttle instead of the lag in an ICE. That, in my mind is the real "Yee-haw" factor an EV provides which an ICE can only dream of.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Also... It's the hot chick factor. i would be shocked if after a night of trolling the guy with the Tesla gets more women. I dont mean high quality women to take home to mom. I mean shallow, young, hot women that you likely met during a lap dance and who know enough to leave when the sun comes up.

And, speaking of Gold Digging. The Tesla costs twice as much, shouldn't it be twice as fast?

Bottom line....Theres a reason Corvette keeps coming up on this forum...usually as watermark to hold everything else up to.
I love "silently" zipping by folks and seeing the "what the heck was that" look on their face....

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
In the second half of the clip, the Vette beats the Tesla. But there is no question the Tesla is giving it a run.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The Tesla jumped the gun before the green light in the first race by a lot.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah the Corvette driver was sleeping at the start and reeled him in further down the line. Probably a manual car as well. The auto has run as low as 11.49 factory stock on factory tires and air. Still an impressive showing for the Tesla, and probably a shocking result for the Corvette driver. Still the Corvette is only half the price of the Tesla. I think the new C7 is a heck of a cool ride, which is why I'm ordering one in April when the 2015 is released.

·
Registered
977 Posts
There's a Tesla drag race video on youtube that has a 1/4 mile test using about 500-600Wh after regen, so assuming you have enough slow-down room, each drag costs about 5 cents, and a P85 could do it at least 100 times assuming the power electronics don't overheat.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
There's a Tesla drag race video on youtube that has a 1/4 mile test using about 500-600Wh after regen, so assuming you have enough slow-down room, each drag costs about 5 cents, and a P85 could do it at least 100 times assuming the power electronics don't overheat.
If it's a P85+, I'm pretty sure the tire wear adds another cent or two per run.

·
Registered
738 Posts
One more nice thing about an EV, one never has to worry about missing a shift during an event like this. One more less thing to waste time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Corvette and Tesla both are very expensive but devotee of both cars not thinks about how mush they are expending on the cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts