1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thank you for your continuing efforts. Great video, as always.

·
Registered
340 Posts
More efficient operation would be nice, but I'm also interested in sound levels, which is a really hard thing to know before buying. We have 2 styles of fans in our house (non DC). Both look nice and seemed like good designs. But one of them is completely silent, while in the other the motor hums loudly.

Tying back to the topic of this thread, if you have experience with the DC motor fans, report on how loud the motor was. Does it make a humming sound while in operation? What model was it?

I don't know why more people don't care about noise. I wish I was rich so I could buy tons of different models of things like ceiling fans in order to rate the noise levels for consumers. I would also like to develop a line of quiet lawn equipment. Oh well. Maybe someday...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
More efficient operation would be nice, but I'm also interested in sound levels, which is a really hard thing to know before buying. We have 2 styles of fans in our house (non DC). Both look nice and seemed like good designs. But one of them is completely silent, while in the other the motor hums loudly.

Tying back to the topic of this thread, if you have experience with the DC motor fans, report on how loud the motor was. Does it make a humming sound while in operation? What model was it?

I don't know why more people don't care about noise. I wish I was rich so I could buy tons of different models of things like ceiling fans in order to rate the noise levels for consumers. I would also like to develop a line of quiet lawn equipment. Oh well. Maybe someday...
Funny you mention lawn equipment . I was looking at some electric mowers today with lithium ion batteries . Although there are a few reviews on the mowers on Amazon , I don't know how loud the fans are because they seem to be fairly new designs . I imagine they are just as quiet as the regular ones than use more wattage .

·
Registered
844 Posts

Last year I converted my old 21 in push power mower to electric (2 HP, PM Motor, 180 VDC, 9 AH of Li-Ion batteries) however it is quite heavy now (good excersize machine to push) I am planing on adding drive motors and a few more batteries to propell it, then adding remote control when I retire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts