GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Fortunately for Fisker, their tech comes from Quantum Tech, which has been a Tier 1 supplier in the US for awhile, so it is unlikely Fisker would want or need any tech from Tesla.

Does Tesla think that no one has tried to design an alternative fuel vehicle until they came along? They are going to have a hard time trying to prove that Fisker, who has designed for Jaguar, BMW, Aston Martin, etc., has gleened any "special" information from Tesla.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fortunately for Fisker, their tech comes from Quantum Tech, which has been a Tier 1 supplier in the US for awhile, so it is unlikely Fisker would want or need any tech from Tesla.

Does Tesla think that no one has tried to design an alternative fuel vehicle until they came along? They are going to have a hard time trying to prove that Fisker, who has designed for Jaguar, BMW, Aston Martin, etc., has gleened any "special" information from Tesla.
I don't know jack about the case, but I am a trial attorney that handles disputes between business partners. What I do know is this is going to be ugly and expensive for all parties. They would do better either partnering or parting ways right now.

From a PR standpoint, Tesla is going to get slammed. Fisker stands to lose everything, but you are correct about Quantum. Plus the E-Rev idea I think came from good ole GM, not Tesla. I think what will be telling will be the appearance of the car. How similar is it to Whitestar's body?

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is just the kind of corporate bullshit that slows technology.

I think Tesla should just focus on building great cars. Maybe I'm ignorant, but I've just lost alot of respect for Tesla.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Lame. Neither company amount to much, so pretty silly to be starting up law suits. The only people loving this development is the lawyers.

·
1,101 Posts
I guess if your $100K cars don't really work, then go for the lawsiut money and blame everything on someone else!!!!!!!!!

Very sad...........

The attornies are already planning the additions they will be adding to their homes!

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill, when Hank Hill yells at his son Bobby during a baseball game for "playing lawyer ball", because he was hoping the pitcher would walk him instead of him actually trying to hit the ball.

If Tesla wants to succeed in this market, they should try shipping cars.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I need a copy of the complaint. Ohhh, good, you can get the dockets online, but it doesn't look like the images are there yet. Fisker gets 30 days to respond unless of course they ask for an extension, which they will. This is a complete waste of money and a detraction.

On another note, Musk shouldn't have opened his mouth. First he says they stole the design, then they said it's inferior. Inconsistent already.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
According to CNET:

CNET main article link

On Jan. 17, 2007, Tesla's then CEO Martin Eberhard thought GM would have a hard time selling a serial hybrid:

Jan. 17, 2007 Rejection of serial hybrid idea

Tesla changed their mind sometime after that and didn't announce publicly that they would make a serial hybrid until Dec. 6, 2007.

Dec. 6, 2007 flipflop link

Just as I remembered, Tesla fought the serial hybrid idea until too many competitors moved ahead of them.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Have trouble selling a serial hybrid?? Yeah, right, Tesla's a super-duper forward thinking company.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Have trouble selling a serial hybrid?? Yeah, right, Tesla's a super-duper forward thinking company.:rolleyes:
If you read Martin Eberhard's blog, you will find that he has made up his mind as to what solution the US needs, and is pushing hard for only that. He cannot understand the market forces and other realities that would drive a consumer to different choices, and therefore, wouldn't offer them until both GM and Fisker (and later Aptera) made the move to a serial hybrid.

Are you starting to see why he was eventually replaced as CEO? He is a great techie to provide component and sub-system solutions, but he was never a whole product guy. A CEO needs to divorce himself from whatever product he personally wants, and offer products that his customer wants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts