GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Budweiser did the first autonomous truck delivery a year ago, partnering with Uber. I think they are seeing free publicity in these things.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
SYSCO also placed a 50 unit order
https://electrek.co/2017/12/08/tesla-semi-order-electric-trucks-sysco/

So now Tesla will have production pressure for both the Semi and the Model 3...AND the MEGACHARGING NETWORK!!

This is one of the reasons these trucking companies are placing orders...Tesla Semi will be supported by a network of "mega-chargers", with a guaranteed energy rate of 7 cents per kwh.

·
Administrator
20,188 Posts
The beer will be flat and stale before AB sees the first truck. This is more about Tesla raising money than about delivering trucks. Remember, Tesla said it would be spitting out 5,000 Model 3's a week at this point. I think it may be more like 5 a week.

Still, good to see them pushing the boundaries in the trucking sector.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Still, good to see them pushing the boundaries in the trucking sector.
There isn't enough room in this market for Tesla to make back its capex. Not that Tesla ever shied away from burying themselves financially, ever. So when speaking of boundaries...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Anheuser-Busch said it reserved 40 Tesla semis—at $5,000 per reservation. Founders series reservation price is $200,000. I guess they can wait. For the price of a founders series they "pre-orderd" 40. $200K can come out of their marketing budget, since they're getting scads of free press now. That goes for everyone. It doesn't really cost anything to pre-order assuming the deposit is refundable as the model 3 "reservation" is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts