GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Update: Tesla says that the passenger car association’s numbers are not accurate, but it refused to confirm the numbers:
“This is wildly inaccurate. While we do not disclose regional or monthly sales numbers, these figures are off by a significant margin.”

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Tesla says that the passenger car association’s numbers are not accurate, but it refused to confirm the numbers:
“This is wildly inaccurate. While we do not disclose regional or monthly sales numbers, these figures are off by a significant margin.”
The reason why Tesla doesn't publish sales monthly is to have an alibi of inaccuracies of the reporting party.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
The reason why Tesla doesn't publish sales monthly is to have an alibi of inaccuracies of the reporting party.
Ditto for GM?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Tesla - Taken with a grain of salt or do I say bull... You can't say "wildly inaccurate" and not fix the numbers. Shame on GM for playing the same game.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Tesla - Taken with a grain of salt or do I say bull... You can't say "wildly inaccurate" and not fix the numbers. Shame on GM for playing the same game.
It releases its delivery numbers quarterly. It will say that the numbers are wrong, but doesn't give the numbers outside of the quarterly releases. So it also never says that estimates are right.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Indeed GM announced in April

GM to Begin Reporting U.S. Sales on a Quarterly Basis 2018-04-03

DETROIT – General Motors announced today it will begin reporting its U.S. vehicle sales on a quarterly basis, effective immediately. In 2018, second quarter sales will be released on July 3, third quarter sales on October 2 and fourth quarter sales on January 3, 2019.

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm.../news/us/en/2018/apr/0403-sales-advisory.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts