GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to a Tesla Charging station and want to charge my Volt. Does anyBody have specific solutions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Won't work. Tesla has a proprietary connector that won't fit your Volt's J1772. There may be an adapter but it's going to be very expensive, anywhere from $750 to $1,000. Plus the charger itself, even if you can connect it, probably won't work either. Tesla does everything to the beat of its own drummer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Go over to the Tesla forum and talk to someone that has converted their roadster to J1772. There's the first end of the connector.

Nate

·
Registered
45 Posts
tesla

Calling the standard connector "ugly," Tesla has instead developed its own plug and charger that will be available to Model S owners. Compared to the home setup for current Tesla owners, the new solution is more compact and much neater.

However, Tesla's dismissal of the J1772's aesthetics shouldn't be taken as a sign that Model S owners will be left with few alternatives when it comes to juicing up their new sedans. Tesla says the charging kit each owner receives will include connectors for standard 120v and 240v outlets, as well as an adapter for the plug-ugly J1772.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I hope they do include them as they are $500 on ebay and I think the adapter base price is 700

A quick look at

http://www.tucsonev.com/

I did not see a home build unit kit but there should be a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts